well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Another Med Shortage
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Med Shortage
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
Albuterol... HairRaising

Good thing I got a new one after my latest illness (that I will be testing to determine if it was COVID).

I always keep my older expired inhalers as well, as something is better than nothing..

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
One hospital nurse said they were out of Tylenol.

And people who take hydroxychloroquine for chronic illnesses are having trouble finding their medications.

The ripples will fan out far and wide....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37871 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I always keep the old, partially used inhalers around, too. Thank goodness.

Posts: 45737 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Yep. Rob went to do his regular renewal of Symbicort, which he requires twice daily to keep his asthma under control. Nope. Shortage. A week and a half later (at this point he is completely out), the doctor prescribed an alternative. Thank goodness it works.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I have had an asthma attack, my first real emergency, in a hospital during a test...I didn't have my inhaler with me..

It was like an episode of "House" and since then I never leave the house without my little red friend.

And now I have back up steroid inhalers that I am to use ahead of Dr visits if I feel something coming on ...This last illness may have been mitigated a bit with this..I started it over the weekend before able to see the Dr. on Monday.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Sorry you have to go through this, Beelady. Having gone through mothering a very severely asthmatic son (not expected to survive), I know how frightening an attack can be.

That you don't have your tried and true fallbacks guaranteed must be really awful. Hope they ramp up production of Albuterol and similar!

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I will never understand why they took Primatene off of the market and why they have never let it come back.

I am not a conspiracy theorist, but there is something rotten in Denmark.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34916 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Primatene seems to be back.

https://www.webmd.com/asthma/n...-some-docs-concerned

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37871 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
I will never understand why they took Primatene off of the market and why they have never let it come back.

I am not a conspiracy theorist, but there is something rotten in Denmark.

In my early days of my symptoms, I took it as it was over the counter... OMG..shakes, dizziness...would never take that poison again ever..

MillCityGrows.org

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
It sure worked for me, and it was OTC, available, and very cheap.

Posts: 34916 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
See above post, Steve. I think it’s available again.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
The active ingredient in Primatene Mist is epinephrine, and none of the national guidelines on asthma treatment recommend the use of inhaled epinephrine.

WebMD

MillCityGrows.org

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Glad to see it. I’ll get some.

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Glad to see it. I’ll get some.

HairRaising Talk to your Dr first!!

MillCityGrows.org

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Heh. My doctor. Don’t get me started.

OTOH he makes a remarkable amount of money so there is that.