well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I can dream, can't I?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I can dream, can't I?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I think Bernie may well be more electable than Warren. She’s the worst of the top three in terms of beating Trump in the states that matter.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
It’s almost strikes me as odd, this media and donor obsession of finding the Biden alternative. He seems to be holding on pretty well. This from Nate Silver:

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
OK, I will confess to ignorance regarding Bloomberg's stand on a variety of non-NY issues, and at best only moderate knowledge of his NY performance. My main information source is my father-in-law, who thought he was good.

So, can anyone give me (and others, I know you're there Wink ) a thumbnail guide to Bloomberg's basic political/economic/foreign policy views?

Otherwise, I'll have to Google it. The horrors.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
OK, I will confess to ignorance regarding Bloomberg's stand on a variety of non-NY issues, and at best only moderate knowledge of his NY performance. My main information source is my father-in-law, who thought he was good.

So, can anyone give me (and others, I know you're there Wink ) a thumbnail guide to Bloomberg's basic political/economic/foreign policy views?

Otherwise, I'll have to Google it. The horrors.

The New York Times purported to have a summary of Bloomberg's positions this week ... but the article was useless.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
That’s not going to work for me.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/1...id=nytcore-ios-share

He has baggge

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17671 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Warren and Sanders have ceded the center.
Biden/Buttigieg have the center.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
A somewhat fun back-and-forth between Gail Collins and Bret Stephens about Bloomberg.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/1...nion&pgtype=Homepage