well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I can dream, can't I?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I can dream, can't I?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/1...ries&pgtype=Homepage

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
ok

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
What do I need to know about this guy?

He’s about the same age as Biden, no?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
He may well be older.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
“He’s old, Jewish, and he used to be a Republican—a perfect combination of the current three frontrunners“

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
“He’s old, Jewish, and he used to be a Republican—a perfect combination of the current three frontrunners“

ROTFLMAO

He could also afford to buy himself some charisma.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
No more billionaire businessmen, please. Vote the good of the country, please, even if it means you personally pay more in taxes. Wall Street has been in charge for too long already.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Are you familiar with where Bloomberg stands on various issues?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

He's old. He's a NYC billionaire. He's establishment. I don't think he's going to play well in the arena that matters right now, and that is the arena of class warfare. People want Warren or Sanders. They want someone whose message is that they are for the little guy. The people who are struggling. Someone who understands their struggle.

The optics of Bloomberg do not match up. Plus he's a Big Media owner. Uh-uh.

As far as I could see from afar, he did a terrific job as mayor. But he has to be a fit for the whole country, most of whom cannot relate to NYC and would never want to live there.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:

hysteric

Posts: 24653 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
quote:

hysteric

Spent some time - which I’ll never get back - looking in to this guy. His positions identify him as both creepy and a jerk.

I hope he drops a couple $bil and then goes away.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
From what I can tell, “stop and frisk” makes him a non starter with much of the base.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah. And he’s pro development. Pro economic growth. An internationalist. Too old.

He could never win the primary.

Do note the thread title.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

He's old. He's a NYC billionaire. He's establishment. I don't think he's going to play well in the arena that matters right now, and that is the arena of class warfare. People want Warren or Sanders. They want someone whose message is that they are for the little guy. The people who are struggling. Someone who understands their struggle.

The optics of Bloomberg do not match up. Plus he's a Big Media owner. Uh-uh.

As far as I could see from afar, he did a terrific job as mayor. But he has to be a fit for the whole country, most of whom cannot relate to NYC and would never want to live there.

You both identify and ignore the problem.

You identify the problem when you say that we need to choose someone that the majority of the people around the country would be able to vote for. And, perhaps, you rightly say that Bloomberg couldn't attract their votes, because he's a NY billionaire. Side note ... another NY billionaire managed to attract their votes in 2016.

But then you willfully ignore the problem that a majority of the country definitely would not vote for Bernie, and might not vote for Elizabeth.

I agree that we need to pick the candidate who has the greatest probability of beating Trump. I don't care who that is, I don't care if it's Mickey Mouse. I just don't know who that is.

But that's the problem. And declaring that Bloomberg isn't it while spinning a Bernie fantasy is, in my judgment, inconsistent.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post