well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Resurrecting the good old days
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 36

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Resurrecting the good old days
 Login/Join

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Range

--------------------------------
“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Rover

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Red

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Square

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Basil

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Rathbone

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15506 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
elementary

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Watson.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
chessmaster

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Mixmaster

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Mom

Bazootiehead-in-training

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
tattoo

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
Watercolor

finger paints

Hey, that's breaking the rules!

How so? Because I pulled a previous word to associate to, because it's two words or what? Shrug

What ARE the rules? I wasn't able to understand a few associations other posters arrived at! (Maybe because they were out of order.)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
In theory it's supposed to be a stream of collective consciousness flowing from the most recent post forward and not doubling back to posts that are way back in the thread.

Good example in this thread...Steve said "peat moss" and I said "Kate Moss". Mark also responded to Steve's "peat moss" with "Islay" but then realized I had posted my response a split second before he did, which is why he subsequently said "too slow. lol".

Which associations didn't connect with you? Maybe your brain isn't as warped as some of the rest of us...let us help you... Razzer

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

Which associations didn't connect with you? Maybe your brain isn't as warped as some of the rest of us...let us help you... Razzer

That's what I'm figuring! Frowner There were quite a number where I didn't make the connection.

Watson -> chessmaster
(am I just not familiar enough with the talents of Sherlock's doctor partner?)

Rathbone -> elementary

Square -> Basil

catacombs -> fleas (on account of special combs for cat fur??)

Q -> i

fleas -> Bomb (are there flea pesticides which work by being unleashed in an closed space? Trying to remember the Israeli couple who complained about finding fleas in the car they purchased from us when we were leaving the country. Did they end up relying on such a "bomb"??)

bomb -> F [some kind of verbal dropping of an obscenity?)

Rathbone -> elementary

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post