well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Bay Area son has moved to Northern CA for now

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bay Area son has moved to Northern CA for now
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
Found nice, rural Air BnB from where he'll continue to work online. Just felt it was too uncertain where he was in the hub, besides which he was sharing apartment with two others he didn't know well.

More concerned about Boston area son who has two hands-on jobs. Wondering whether to get what little bulk foods remain even on Amazon at gouged prices. Afraid it will leave years' supply for him to consume - lentils, peanut butter, rice, olive oil, etc... Not for me, but him.

Or am I just succumbing to market panic?

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Aforementioned son managed to hunker down in his AirBnB place before the shelter in place order was issued for Santa Clara County.

Just in time for a 5.2 Magnitude earthquake to strike (at sea) ten-twenty miles or so from his safe place!

Reminds me of "Appointment In Samarra" (no harm done to him, at least.)

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post