well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Ted and Donny

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ted and Donny
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Ted sounds a lot like Chicago Mayor Lori did a few weeks ago.

quote:
Portland, Ore., Mayor Ted Wheeler (D) on Sunday traded jabs over who was responsible for the rise in violence in the city between Black Lives Matter protesters and counter protesters that led to a fatal shooting Saturday night.

The two men sparred in real time but over different mediums, with Wheeler first placing the blame on Trump during a press conference Sunday afternoon, then Trump firing back on Twitter while the press conference was still ongoing and Wheeler responding to the tweets.

"Do you seriously wonder, Mr. President, why this is the first time in decades that America has seen this level of violence?” Wheeler said. “It’s you who have created the hate and the division. It’s you who have not found a way to say the names of Black people people killed by police officers even as people in law enforcement have, and it's you who claimed that white supremacists are good people.”

Wheeler urged unity as he accused Trump of dividing the nation with “petty politics.”

“He has an opportunity to uplift us and bring us together and help us move through this difficult situation in our nation's history and instead he chooses to play petty politics and divide us, that’s my reaction,” Wheeler said. “So I'm going to do the work I need to do here in my local community with my local officials to take accountability for what’s happening on our streets.”

“I’d appreciate either the president support us or he stay the hell out of the way,” the mayor added.

https://thehill.com/homenews/a...lames-trump-for-rise

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post