well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Ya gotta come to Chicago, SK

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ya gotta come to Chicago, SK
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
We haven't been yet, but the menu looks awfully tempting.

quote:
A Tokyo-based yakitori chain’s only location outside Japan is now open inside the Chicago area’s premiere Japanese market. Toritetsu opened inside Mitsuwa Marketplace at 100 E. Algonquin Road in Arlington Heights. It’s part of a now-completed makeover of the market and food court that included new seating, as well as refurbished ceilings, walls, and lighting.

Yakitori (Japanese chicken skewers) are a classic bar snack in their country of origin, and are traditionally grilled over a charcoal fire and seasoned with salt or tare, a thick, sweet soy sauce. Charcoal burns very hot and produces little to no water vapor, giving ingredients a crunchy, satisfying texture. At Mitsuwa, chefs are cooking with gas. Toritetsu’s menu focuses on chicken, including traditional yakitori and karaage don, or rice bowls with Japanese fried chicken, shredded cabbage, pickles, red pepper, and a selection of sauces. Beverage options include popular Japanese soda Ramune, tea, and coffee. The chain currently operates more than 70 locations across Japan. The full menu is viewable below.

https://chicago.eater.com/2019...lington-heights-open

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Yummy

We'd love to visit to see the renovations and buy some goodies!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
What? You want her to meet Chance before winter ... Big Grin

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
You want her to meet Chance before winter

HairRaising

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post