well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I love seeing my kids love music...and my grandkids....

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I love seeing my kids love music...and my grandkids....
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted
My son is in a metal band in Orlando. They'd started playing out not too long before the pandemic hit, but that ground to a halt in March. Since then, they have plunged ahead with writing and playing in a socially distanced way.

This is their new video and I love it so much for so many reasons, not least of which are the many guest appearances by my grandkids. (Including the final scene, so keep watching if you like grandbaby sightings, even if metal is not your preferred musical genre. Smiler )

There's also a glimpse of one of my granddogs and there's are scenes filmed in the backyard swimming pool that he built to keep the kids happy during a long Florida summer with no place to go.

I'd tell you which one he is, but you'll figure it out when the kids show up...

The Valley Ritual's "Stellar Cartography"

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15506 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
OMG!!! HairRaising

It's been a long time since I listened to full-on metal, I forgot that's how it works! ROTFLMAO

Your son is the mohawk/bearded guitar player right? (I guessed that before the pool scene, the t-shirt gave it away...)

That was great!

Think I need to go lie down now.
WhoMe

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I love this. The kid parts cracked me up.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Ah, nice, family friendly metal!

I never had the pleasure of meeting your son so in the beginning of the video I thought I'd have to ask you which "square" is your son. Then the little children show up and there is only one "square" with little children in that music video ... guess that answered the question on which one is your son. Big Grin

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
That was great! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Yes, he was the mohawked father of the mohawked kid. Smiler

I'm so happy that he's found a way to keep music in his engineer-y life.

Also, as the person who wrote the checks for his piano and guitar lessons, I'm happy to see that he's still enjoying both.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15506 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
The family that slays together stays together! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Smokin'

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post