well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    It's National Ice Cream Day

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's National Ice Cream Day
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
We. Are. Ready.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37933 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
It is sad, but I'm no longer as much a Jeni's fan as I was. They have grown exponentially, but I don't think the creativity and quality is as good. I believe it is because they have had to scale up, but it originally was I knew where their milk came from, and every ingredient was something I recognized as food in its own right. That's no longer that case.

Luckily I still have their recipe for Sweet Corn Blackberry and make it from time to time.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13557 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
No Tillamook Mudslide?!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Sadly, they were out of it....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37933 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
My favorite is Ben and Jerry’s Americone Dream. Vanilla, with caramel swirls, dark chocolate chunks, and pieces of waffle cone.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Going to Baskin-Robbins was a huge treat when I was a kid, and I'll confess my favorite flavors of ice cream are most likely from there: Jamoca Almond Fudge and Pralines 'n Cream. Are there better ice creams out there? Absolutely. But these are entrenched in my DNA. Smiler

Though, to be honest, I haven't been to a B-R in years.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
It is sad, but I'm no longer as much a Jeni's fan as I was. They have grown exponentially, but I don't think the creativity and quality is as good. I believe it is because they have had to scale up, but it originally was I knew where their milk came from, and every ingredient was something I recognized as food in its own right. That's no longer that case.

Luckily I still have their recipe for Sweet Corn Blackberry and make it from time to time.

I fell in love with Jeni’s ice cream in Columbus OH in 2015. Such inventive flavors! All written out on a chalkboard, and changing constantly.

We were in Chicago a few weeks ago and went to Jeni’s there. Not as many flavors, and not inventive. Printed out on a laminated placard, so you know there wasn’t going to be fun and new flavors. It was good, but not amazing.

wtg: There’s no way I could get that many containers of ice cream into my tiny freezer, which is overrun with blueberries right now! But even without th blueberries, it’s pretty full.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I'm lactose intolerant and dairy is my favorite food group. Frowner

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Going to Baskin-Robbins was a huge treat when I was a kid, and I'll confess my favorite flavors of ice cream are most likely from there: Jamoca Almond Fudge and Pralines 'n Cream. Are there better ice creams out there? Absolutely. But these are entrenched in my DNA. Smiler

Though, to be honest, I haven't been to a B-R in years.

I find a list of Baskin and Robbins flavors that does not include Gold medal ribbon offensive. You must be one of those fake news bots.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
My favorite B-R pairing was a scoop of chocolate chip and a scoop of strawberry sherbet. Their strawberry ice cream was good, too. I haven't had B-R in years, so I wonder if it would taste the same.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Well, I'd put Gold Medal Ribbon and Butter Pecan as solid runners up.

I've never been a fan of chocolate ice cream--but the fudge ripple addition is a friend of mine.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I used to love jamoca almond fudge, and baseball nut. Baseball Nut is vanilla with a raspberry ribbon (like baseball stitching) and cashews. yum. It’s been ages since I’ve had it, probably pre-pandemic.

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:

wtg: There’s no way I could get that many containers of ice cream into my tiny freezer, which is overrun with blueberries right now! But even without th blueberries, it’s pretty full.

You could implement our solution:

17 cu ft. Even we can't fill it up.

Bazootiehead-in-training

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
That’s impressive! but I’m sure I’d just fill it with stuff, and then forget it’s there. Better to keep fighting for space in the tiny freezer, for me.