well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Our daughter
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our daughter
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Not terribly sick is actually great news in this context. Let me know if I can help her out in any way. Smiler

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
talked to her last night, she was feeling better, and she got a negative result on her Covid19 test this morning - so really good that she will not be in quarantine (though part of me wishes it had been a mild case and positive so she wouldn’t have to worry so much about getting it this fall). i haven’t talked to her yet today (just got the text about the test) but I’m assuming she’s moved back to her regular dorm now. (And won’t have to worry about food!). She told me when she was here that the person in her room next door was having (overnight) visitors almost every night And that they were not wearIng masks in the common areas (shared bathrooms) - there are not supposed to be any visitors In the dorms at the moment, in fact the rules I read about the dorms the other day stated no one but the person assigned to the room is supposed to be in it. She has been reluctant to complain, and even though she is an adult (she’s 29), I may have to be a pain in the ass parent and make a phone call if this continues...

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20450 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Great news about the test...bad about the dorm.

Given the circumstances, I would be inclined to be one of 'those' parents. Yes

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Good.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
next door was having (overnight) visitors almost every night And that they were not wearIng masks in the common areas (shared bathrooms)

VeryAngry

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18438 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Good news!!
Glad the test was negative.
It appears to be time for you to be THAT mom.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Glad it was neg.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
talked to her last night, she was feeling better, and she got a negative result on her Covid19 test this morning - so really good that she will not be in quarantine (though part of me wishes it had been a mild case and positive so she wouldn’t have to worry so much about getting it this fall). i haven’t talked to her yet today (just got the text about the test) but I’m assuming she’s moved back to her regular dorm now. (And won’t have to worry about food!). She told me when she was here that the person in her room next door was having (overnight) visitors almost every night And that they were not wearIng masks in the common areas (shared bathrooms) - there are not supposed to be any visitors In the dorms at the moment, in fact the rules I read about the dorms the other day stated no one but the person assigned to the room is supposed to be in it. She has been reluctant to complain, and even though she is an adult (she’s 29), I may have to be a pain in the ass parent and make a phone call if this continues...

I'm glad she didn't get it. There's a Scientific American story that says that even people with mild cases can have long-term heart issues.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I'm glad she didn't get it, either. The overnight visitor thing was always an annoyance in a dorm room, but nowadays it can be much more serious.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Glad the test is negative! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
jodi! How is your daughter doing?

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
She has been having a lot of difficulties with the smoke in Portland - she is in a dorm with no AC - and the smoke is everywhere - we bought her a ticket on the train to go to Seattle Tonight, where it is bad, but not as bad and her brother is picking her up and she will stay with him for a few days until the weather changes. (And he can close up and use an AC unit)

Smiler Jodi

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Good news! Hope the fires get under control soon.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Man. What a lot to go through!

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
And they both can drive over here if it gets unbearable in Seattle...

Smiler Jodi