well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Our daughter
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our daughter
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Ugh. I’m sorry Jodi. I hope it turn out to be just a cold.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this Jodi. I do not understand why we still can't get immediate tests performed.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I’m so sorry to hear. I’d volunteer my brother to help, but he’s in Hillsboro and his wife just broke her ankle.

quote:
Originally posted by markj:
I do not understand why we still can't get immediate tests performed.
Seriously? Or are you being rhetorical?

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
I’m so sorry to hear. I’d volunteer my brother to help, but he’s in Hillsboro and his wife just broke her ankle.

quote:
Originally posted by markj:
I do not understand why we still can't get immediate tests performed.
Seriously? Or are you being rhetorical?

But you can, here in PDX! One of my kids did in June, from Legacy Go-Health Urgent Care. Results in 30 minutes, I think. And I’ve seen signs outside the Zoom Care shops saying they have Covid testing. Hopefully insurance covers it.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear It, and hoping she either doesn't have Covid, or has the mild version!

FYI, Instacart now does grocery deliveries in Portland. We've used them a couple times her in Colorado and it's pretty simple. Just order on-line from the grocery store, and choose delivery. Costs like $10 I think to use them (plus a tip to the delivery person if you wish).

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry you are going through this, Jodi. Please keep us updated.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
She got herself moved to the other dorm (that has it’s own bathroom and kitchenette) The RA over there found her a microwave. She has food (she had to get it herself). I haven’t heard from her yet today, but the RA was helping her yesterday - dropping things at her door. Don’t think she can get tested til tomorrow when the health center is open again. Will keep you posted.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Let me know what I can do. I can easily replenish her with food for the next week. (I'll be out of PDX for a bit after that...)

Also if there are any issues with SHAC (the student health place) let me know. I may be able to rattle some cages. I'm glad to know her RA helped out with the microwave and some deliveries. Which dorm is she in now? (PM me if you want.)

How is she feeling today?

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Nina. I just talked to her, her classmates have offered assistance as well. Glad this is happening in between sessions! Forgot to ask he the name of the dorm. She’s on the seventh floor and it’s a U-shaped building with cement floors. And she has a private bathroom and kitchen stuff.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Hope things start to go well for her and hope that she is well soon.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
And what did we just see? 1400 positives in Alabama, or Ga university ? Ugh.

Hope daughter stays safe.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
She walked over to the health center this morning and was tested - she had to do the swab herself, and they told her anywhere from 2 - 10 days for results (average of 5). She still has a fever, and is tired, but no other symptoms (though she has been having some joint pain, but she was diagnosed with a mild case of JRA when she was in middle school - so we are not sure if that is related, or if it just a flare-up.)

Smiler Jodi

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
In Helena you can get an immediate test at Walgreens, I'm told. Is that option a possibility in Portland?

So sorry to hear this, Jodi.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21347 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Any more news, Jodi?

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Not today. Haven’t spoke to to her yet. Talked to her last night - still sick, but not terribly.

Smiler Jodi