well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The Weight Robbie Robertson - Global

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Weight Robbie Robertson - Global
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Saw that today ... rf posted it ... absolutely terrific.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I saw it too...amazing on so many levels...
So worth the time to watch. Yes

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Playingforchange.com

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Love this! I have the tee shirt!

Take a bit of time and mine the YouTube for what they have done. I really like this project.

Later stuff is not as good. I don’t prefer the big group on stage. They seem to have gotten the message now and are doing the distributed contribution thing again. My favorite is the guy in Italy playing the most dilapidated guitar I’ve ever seen. To me that’s what the project is all about.

It’s messy, maybe chaotic. What these guys need is a good social media director. OTOH what makes them so compelling is that they don’t have one.

I sent them a few $. They’re doing good work.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
That was fantastic--it even gave me a little lump in my throat. Definitely worth the watch.

Bonus: after it was finished, the next video up was a BBC documentary about "Trio," the amazingly good album from Linda Ronstadt, Emmylou Harris, and Dolly Parton, which I watched as well. ThumbsUp

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/MHo1fNnXFVU

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
https://playingforchange.com/musicians/

(Note that there is also a playingforchange.org, which, on a quick glimpse, appears to be worthy but not the same thing.)

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
That was fantastic--it even gave me a little lump in my throat. Definitely worth the watch.

Bonus: after it was finished, the next video up was a BBC documentary about "Trio," the amazingly good album from Linda Ronstadt, Emmylou Harris, and Dolly Parton, which I watched as well. ThumbsUp

Ooh, now listening to Trio on Spotify

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Trio is one of my favorite albums of all time. ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post