well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Dealing with extra free time

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dealing with extra free time
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted
So, apparently there’s some sort of virus going around it’s shutting down a lot of local businesses. My volunteer tax prep work, ukulele classes, adult Ed classes, and gym visits are all currently canceled.

This morning, I went through my contact list and made a list of people I’ve done a crappy job of keeping in touch with. I called four of them today, and emailed five others.

I spent a little over three hours this morning having really delightful conversations with people on the phone,and catching up on things.

This tip is probably not much help of you for you who are good at maintaining your long distance relationships. Made for a very nice morning for me though.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I spent a little over three hours this morning having really delightful conversations with people on the phone,and catching up on things.

Lovely!!

We're planning some Skype dates with friends, I'm going to see how well it works to do a little piano for them during that.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Time for Facetime/skype happy hour get-togethers!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about the same, reaching out to people I haven't talk to for a while just to check how they are doing. I just got around to sending a bunch of text message and some emails to that effect. Still have a few more to go, I think.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Found that my AA group in Colorado is having virtual meetings.
Will be joining them from Tucson.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post