well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Biden abdicates on Coronavirus crisis

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biden abdicates on Coronavirus crisis
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Is that a branch of Fox or that other wing nut broadcast company/

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Biden can do two things. One, criticize the efforts, which would be irresponsible on his part. Two, praise the efforts which strengthens his opponent. There is no way he can win. He is wise and responsible to stay quiet about it. If asked his only response should be that he hopes the nationwide efforts are successful.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
You have a point, Mik.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Is that a branch of Fox or that other wing nut broadcast company/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hill_(newspaper)

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Biden can do two things. One, criticize the efforts, which would be irresponsible on his part. Two, praise the efforts which strengthens his opponent. There is no way he can win. He is wise and responsible to stay quiet about it. If asked his only response should be that he hopes the nationwide efforts are successful.

Which efforts would these be? I'm not seeing them.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
And, btw, I disagree. He's running a presidential campaign. He will be the Democratic nominee. He really has nothing to say about Coronavirus. I don't think that's responsible for someone in his position at all. Moreover, I think it's a political negative for him.

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Looks like I spoke too soon. So now we will have Biden giving shadow briefings on what he would do when he does not have the information. Bad, bad move. I had a lot of respect for him for keeping his mouth shut. Now it will look like he is wishing for Trump to fail so he can finally get in, and none of his pronouncements will ever be tested. If he has anything to offer he should do it in the background silently.

https://www.politico.com/news/...rus-plannings-139629

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
But this is what the "opposition party" always does. In the UK every "shadow minister" is telling the public what they would be doing instead of what the current government is doing.

I agree that these shadow briefings actually pose some risk to him, and I suspect they'll be cautious. He will probably be saying much of what he would have been saying on the stump anyway, if he were able to campaign. Now he'll have a way to do it formally, and on a specific and pressing issue. In a briefing format, that may induce him to be a bit less political and a bit more specific. We'll see. No way to test the counterfactual, however.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Biden on Trump's lack of action.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Biden briefings to counter Trump's lies

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
The Hill is biased against Biden. I still don't see that he's doing much from his bunker. He's criticizing Trump. That's not an affirmative vision.

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
The question that comes to my mind is why would you want to get yourself elected at this time? I suspect even Trump wishes he had decided on one and done.

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
And, btw, I disagree. He's running a presidential campaign. He will be the Democratic nominee. He really has nothing to say about Coronavirus. I don't think that's responsible for someone in his position at all. Moreover, I think it's a political negative for him.

this.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post