well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    CDC message gets a bit stronger

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CDC message gets a bit stronger
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Messaging from CDC getting stronger.

quote:
People who are over 60 years old, as well as those with underlying health conditions like diabetes, heart disease, and lung disease, are most vulnerable to getting sick or even dying from the novel coronavirus and should take particular precautions to help protect themselves, Dr. Nancy Messonnier, the director of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said in a media briefing on Monday.

She also said many people in the US should anticipate being exposed to the virus eventually.

"It's fair to say that as the trajectory of the outbreak continues, many people in the United States will at some point in time, either this year or next, be exposed to this virus, and there's a good chance many will become sick," she said.

But during the call she focused on the people most at risk of becoming seriously ill from the disease now. "Our goal is to protect you," Messonnier said. "This will require you and your family to take action."

Taking action means ensuring that "you have supplies on hand like routine medications for blood pressure and diabetes, and over-the-counter medicines and medical supplies to treat fever and other symptoms."

Messonnier also recommended higher-risk people and their families stock up on "enough household items and groceries so that you will be prepared to stay home for a period of time."

She reiterated advice to avoid close contact with people who are sick, wash your hands often and well, steer clear of "high-touch" surfaces in public places, and avoid crowds, particularly those in poorly ventilated spaces.

https://www.businessinsider.co...ies-stay-home-2020-3

I have three weeks till I go on Medicare. I'll be damned if I get sick before then.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37796 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I don't care about "messaging." I care about action.

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
At 72, had a bad day with asthma. Very tired from going for a walk.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Trying to decide whether to go to the Baroque concert this weekend. The theme is Vivaldi in Paris. I just got an e-mail from the manager of the concert series. She said they are planning to have the concert, but understands if people stay home.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post