well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Magic Eraser

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magic Eraser
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
I just tried one of these for the first time. Surprisingly effective and no chemicals. Saved me a whole lot of touch up painting.

Have you used them?

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Yes, they are awesome.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20459 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Been using them for years. Costco has them in bulk packs and they are bucks off every so often.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Yes, they're the best thing I've found for getting soap scum out of the bathtub. Other than cleaning the tub more religiously, I guess, as in every time you use it.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
An old book I have about cleaning recommended something called a “dry sponge” and you had to get it at a janitorial supply. I wonder if this is the same thing, made more widely available.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13813 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
I have used it, yes, very effective. But I worry that it's taking a layer off of whatever it's cleaning because it's basically an abrasive. So I use it very rarely and only on things I don't mind leaving scratches behind, however faint. Shrug

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Yes, but just be careful on painted walls.. It does have a tendency to polish the surface if you work it too hard.

I love it for the gunk around door knobs...Makes me crazy to see the schmutz on the door from folks touching the door to close it. Razzer

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
I use a small portion of one to clean the dust and debris from the stylus of my turntable before each session. I simply lower the stylus into it using the cue control level. I lower it and raise it a few times and the stylus comes out pristine.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post