well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    More about how COVID works in our bodies

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More about how COVID works in our bodies
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
I think Katharine Wu does a great job of explaining the science...

quote:
The Coronavirus Has One Strategy We Can’t Vaccinate Against

It may be getting better at dodging one of the immune system’s main defenses.

https://www.theatlantic.com/sc...-interferons/671047/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
A great job ... if you've paid for The Atlantic, which I haven't. Big Grin

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
The “show reader” hack works on the Atlantic website - or at least it does on my phone.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
The Atlantic must have different online and print entities. Most of the online articles are really short (for the short attention spans?) whereas the print mag, at least as I remember it, had in-depth long-form articles.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13780 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post