well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    How about we buy Greenland
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How about we buy Greenland
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Oh, those Canadian Imperialists!

quote:
Canadian proposals to absorb new territories usually have an air of whimsy to them, but it’s a playfulness rooted in a chauvinistic assumption that Canada is a country of such self-evident goodness and purity, virtually anything it could imagine doing in the realm of foreign policy would be morally justifiable.

Though Canadians may enjoy looking down at supposedly jingoistic Americans and their voracious president’s bumbled project to grab Greenland, it’s worth considering whether the biggest thing preventing Canada’s leaders from acting on similar fantasies is just a lack of capacity.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Let'a not and say we did.

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Qaanaaq-Liaaq
posted Hide Post
And if Denmark won’t sell Greenland to us, then we’ll take it from them. This is what I’m afraid Trump would do.

If Greenland became a U.S. state, it would probably vote like Alaska and Alaska is a red state. Therefore we’d be picking up two more Republican senators and one Republican congressman in congress. Republicans would like that.

Posts: 1410 | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post