well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    No shortage of shortages

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No shortage of shortages
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Let’s see. There’s shortages reported of:

Ketchup
Butter
Peanut butter
Turkeys

I’ve personally experienced shortages of:

Better than Bullion beef. Other flavors are available, just not beef.
Private label body wash. Neither ALDIs nor Target have had in stock for months.

What are you seeing?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Did you check Costco for the beef BTB? I swore I saw it there a month or so ago. Have you tried any of those new flavors that they've been advertising on TV? Adobo and three others.

Things I can't find...

Sourdough bread at Aldi. Space on shelf but no bread for the last month or more.

Jennie-O spicy Italian turkey sausage. I think they stopped making it. The sweet (non-spicy) is still available.

Other than that, I really haven't noticed any shortages.

On the plus side, Aldi private label pumpkin is back after months of unavailability.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I’ll check Costco. Meanwhile I’ve discovered the lobster version. Wow!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Whoa. Didn't know about the lobster.

I've bought the mushroom in the past and liked it a lot.

I see Jewel has both. I'll stop by there tomorrow and pick some up.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I can’t find unsweetened grapefruit juice. That might be a weather thing.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of AD
posted Hide Post
I've noticed the supply of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes is a bit hit and miss over here. Other brands are simply not as nice.

Same occasionally with Heinz Tomato Ketchup.

Every morrning the soul is once again as good as new, and again one offers if to one's brothers and sisters in life.

Posts: 371 | Location: Land of the Prince Bishops | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Trivial, but I depend on it - Norton's salt substitute (potassium) - not the teensy size.

If you don't know of it, let me take this opportunity to recommend it. I find it just as good as sodium and wow! It's so much healthier.

(Don't know what's WITH local supermarkets!)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post