well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Wow. Friend is going to the supermarket for me

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wow. Friend is going to the supermarket for me
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
She said there are no potatoes or onions. No carrots except the 12 pound bags. Hardly any eggs, hardly any flour. Hardly any fruit. She got me eggs (I thought I had enough, but that’s all Steve is feeling like he can stomach at the moment. I needed gator aid (got the powdered stuff) because that’s what the nurse said to give him - that water wasn’t cutting it for some of the patients, they needed the electrolytes. What the heck is this going to look like when we get out in two weeks? All I can say is I will run errands for anybody that needs it after. My friends are really coming through for us.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
I went this am. No meat, no eggs, but I did get tp.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17680 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Jodi, I'm glad you have help! We all need to take care of each other moving forward.

As to the lack of items, I'm afraid that will only worsen... I don't think we have enough items stocked at home here, we may need to get some more non-perishables. Ugh

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18520 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Went to Mariano's, our local store that's part of the Kroger family. Not bad at all. Parking lot looked like a typical Monday

No obvious shortage of any fruits or vegetables, though the salad area was only half stocked. That's not unusual for a Monday, though, as their inventory management has been messed up for over a year since Kroger bought them. Even in normal times that case can be totally empty on Monday afternoons.

Bread aisle was very picked over, maybe 90% empty. Lots of eggs and milk and yogurt. Frozen food cases were on the empty side.

Biggest shortages were in the pain relief aisle. Almost no NSAIDS, and I got the last big box of the 8 hour Tylenol that Mr wtg takes for his arthritis. It was the last box of any kind of Tylenol and it was on sale to boot. Thinking about buying a lottery ticket.

I needed a bottle of bleach and that aisle was pretty empty but there were still a couple of dozen quart size bottles there.

I felt somewhat reassured that things are still holding together, especially after what I have to assume was a busy weekend there.

And I stopped at my bakery lady's place. She's going to cut back hours and will try to do carryout. Her cafe dining space is only half a dozen tables, so it's not all of her business. She was taking it in stride.

I bought two pieces of carrot cake (she was out of my favorite chocolate cake) and a spinach quiche.

Life didn't seem too bad.
ThumbsUp

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
The frozen food aisles are empty, according to Mr. Sphinx.

I had 5 dozen eggs when this started. Lots of pasta. Lots of tofu. Lots of beans, rice. I'm hoping to make healthy things.

So far, we've been eating like kings. I made a chickpea and kale stew with rice the other day. Yesterday was paneer with spinach. Tonight will be either a cauliflower curry with rice, or maybe just "baked potato night." I'm having a craving for mac and cheese, though.

I think I'm going to gain 50 pounds if this thing goes to August.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think I'm going to gain 50 pounds if this thing goes to August.

You and me both! Yikes!

When I am at work, I move around a lot (plus standing up when teaching). And I also take breaks throughout the day, and watch my progress on the pedometer on my phone. At home? Nothing.

On the agenda for tomorrow: go for a walk!!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18520 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post