well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Do any of you have hearing aids?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do any of you have hearing aids?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
I was scheduled to be fit by an Audiologist when COVID shut down her practice for a bit. They were not for a hearing deficit I notice but for my tinnitus. They are programmed to increase hearing at a frequency I have a tested deficit that I don’t notice and also pipe white noise in to mask the tinnitus. Very expensive but given the complexity of my issues I was not interested in cutting corners.

Jf

--------------------------------
Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I think it really depends on the nature of the hearing loss. If it is mild and not complicated, I think I'd be fine with Costco. Mr Pique 's hearing deficit is very serious and complicated. Thankfully his insurance covers hearing aids.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Find out how long the period to return the hearing aids is in your state. It varies.
The competence of audiologists varies widely.
Be prepared to return the hearing aids if they are not to your liking.
I told the audiologist with the U of Colorado that I could not hear the birds with what she was selling. She shrugged. I returned them.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
My tax accountant just sent me a note that she was able to count half the cost of my hearing aids as part of adjustments to income from my music work. That significantly reduced what I owe. Yay!

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13813 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
The competence of audiologists varies widely.

this.

this is why we go all the way to missoula to see the audiologist. the ones in helena suck.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post