well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The Democrats' Wild 2020 Free-For-All
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Democrats' Wild 2020 Free-For-All
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted

Posts: 41799 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Putting aside the practicalities, I'm wondering if the best ticket might not be Biden/Bloomberg, with Bloomberg promised an actual portfolio of tax policy, oversight of Treasury, and oversight of the financial industry.

I also wonder whether there's anything preventing a sitting Vice President from also serving as Secretary of the Treasury.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I’ve said it before, I doubt Biden will survive #metoo scrutiny.

Also I can’t see Bloomberg satisfied with Veep.

Posts: 30211 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I wonder if we’ll have multiple debate stages like the GOP in 2016. I’m guessing we will.

Posts: 30211 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Sanders will be 79 in 2020. We're taking on the look and feel of the aging Politboro here.

I think his best move would be to latch on to some Dem hopeful that aligns best with his views, support that person from the start, and influence the heck out of the Dem platform.

No, that will never happen. Kindly ol' Bernie has an ego.

I also wonder about Sherrod Brown. He has been able to maintain strong support among very blue collar Ohioans (Ohio-zians?). Key state, key demographic, very supportive of his highly visible wife, which would appeal to another key demographic.

Posts: 31661 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I fear any candidate with the ability to enlarge the tent would get demolished in the primary season.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I'm personally hoping that one of the various Governors ends up as the front runner.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 26511 | Location: Yorba Linda, CA | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I doubt Biden will survive #metoo scrutiny.

+1.

Also, yes Bernie will be too old, Hilary too....

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 11601 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
I'm personally hoping that one of the various Governors ends up as the front runner.
Jay Inslee, governor of Washington State is exploring the possibility of thinking about considering maybe running.

I've got an uneasy feeling about him, but I can't quite put my finger on it. His time as governor has been pretty unremarkable, and arguably less than positive. However, in that Washington looks like a perfect microcosm of the nation as a whole, he has certainly faced many of the challenges the president would face. I'm just sayin', I don't think he's really excelled at addressing those challenges.

He was also a US Congresscritter for about 15 years.

I do like him for one thing: he juggles. I have seen him juggle, in person. In fact, he may have been juggling my beanbags.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

When a door closes, a can of worms opens.

Posts: 26492 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:

Also I can’t see Bloomberg satisfied with Veep.

That was one of the practicalities I was thinking about.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:

We know a young woman who works on Michael Bennet's staff (D Senator from Colorado). She thinks quite highly of him. I wonder if he can gain any traction.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
quote:

We know a young woman who works on Michael Bennet's staff (D Senator from Colorado). She thinks quite highly of him. I wonder if he can gain any traction.

Bennet makes Al Gore seem to be as exciting as the Avengers.

Slogan for ANYONE running against 45 in 2 years (Republicans included): “Hindsight 2020”

Posts: 20311 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Minor Deity
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Steve Bullock!!

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 19101 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
Steve Bullock!!

The best governor candidate.

Joe Biden and Hillary are out of their minds. I guess they both think the third time's the charm?

Beto would lose his home state. Already did, in fact.

Posts: 18168 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican Party identification has begun requiring intellectual vacuity.

-- Jennifer Rubin (she's a conservative for those who don't read much)
Beatification Candidate
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Beto would lose his home state. Already did, in fact.

That's not a given. Texans are pretty patriotic about Texas (don't mess with Texas) and they might go for the local boy over the monstrosity from New York.

Please, no governors from tiny red states.

Posts: 7678 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post