well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What kind of piano would go with this house?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What kind of piano would go with this house?
 Login/Join

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
I liked the pink Mixmaster.

I liked the pink knife block next to it! (I had to look in the next picture to see what it was.)

I couldn’t tell you anything about the house; the furniture completely stole my attention. I love the bold colors and shapes.

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I believe that knife block is called “the ex”.

https://www.overstock.com/Home...turedproduct=5690642

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
My mom had a set of metal canisters like these.

Phew. I finally got through all the photos. I literally couldn't look at more than ten at a time. Way too much going on for me visually.

But whoever decorated that house certainly took that look to new heights...

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
I believe that knife block is called “the ex”.

https://www.overstock.com/Home...turedproduct=5690642

Ouch. That would leave a mark.... Big Grin

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
Does the car convey????

That's my question!

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
If you look at the property on google maps, you'll see the car in the driveway! I wonder if they knew the day google would take their picture? Big Grin

Use the satellite version and zoom in

The photos of the pool are a touch deceiving. The pool is the neighborhood pool and not part of the property.

Posts: 12511 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
How 'bout a Karl Lagerfeld Steinway Model A ...

When Piano*Son and I were piano shopping oh, geez, fifteen years ago, we got a little tour of Steinway Hall. He sat down at one of these and pronounced that he had found a piano he liked ... Big Grin

He said the same about a seven foot something Fazioli at Ruggero Piano in Raleigh. I told him about budget constraints.

Posts: 12511 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
a Karl Lagerfeld Steinway Model A

I wouldn't say no if offered... Ole

quote:
He sat down at one of these and pronounced that he had found a piano he liked

I had a similar experience when I visited a Steinway Gallery while piano shopping and sat down to play a brand new Steinway with a six digit price tag, slightly more than half of the value of my house.

I played it for about 20 minutes. Stood up and turned to the salesman, who said "well, what do you think?" to which I replied something like "you have ruined all other pianos for me, thanks a lot."

ROTFLMAO

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
That's quite a color!!

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:
a Karl Lagerfeld Steinway Model A

I wouldn't say no if offered... Ole

quote:
He sat down at one of these and pronounced that he had found a piano he liked

I had a similar experience when I visited a Steinway Gallery while piano shopping and sat down to play a brand new Steinway with a six digit price tag, slightly more than half of the value of my house.

I played it for about 20 minutes. Stood up and turned to the salesman, who said "well, what do you think?" to which I replied something like "you have ruined all other pianos for me, thanks a lot."

ROTFLMAO

Twice, I sat down at a piano and was just blown away. It doesn't happen often. Some pianos are bad. Some sound really good. Most...you know...fine.

Once, it was the Yamaha C7 I now own. It was sitting on the showroom floor right next to a very similar Baldwin. I don't remember the model number, but it was also just over seven feet. I played the Baldwin and thought it was very nice, just as I expected. Then I moved over to the next bench to play the C7 and I just fell in love with both the sound and the feel. It's hard to explain how variations that are, in the end, pretty subtle, add up to such a stark difference.

A few years later, I was at a Steinway dealership that was going out of business. I wasn't all that interested in playing the pianos, because I sure as heck wasn't buying one but I was totally loading up on priced-to-move sheet music.

On the way out, I decided to play the art case Steinway sitting in the place of honor right inside the front door. Holy heck, that was a nice piano. I had kinda thought that the art case meant that maybe they would have shorted it in terms of sound because somebody was going to buy it for its pretty face. Nope. Fortunately, I had a very nice piano waiting for me at home, because there's no way I could have justified spending that much.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15506 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

Might go well in Chapel Hill. Might ...

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I like the blue piano! It would work in that house.

[quote=Mary Anna]Once, it was the Yamaha C7 I now own.[/quote]

Mary Anna, that's wonderful that you had that experience with the piano you bought!

One of my most favorite pianos to play is a Yamaha, I think it's a C7, at a church.

My C2 is pretty swell too. I recently had a different tuner over (my regular tuner was a way and not going to be able to get here for a long time, so he recommended this fellow).

Anyway, it was fun to have someone else play my piano and tell me how nice it was. His mouth dropped open when I told him what a bargain it was as well. He raved about the action too, and then I told him that although it felt great when I bought, I had it regulated by my regular tuner. The new guy then said "well that explains it" and proceeded to rave about how skillful the regular guy is. It's nice to have those kinds of affirmations. Smiler

Keyboard Jam

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
That's great, SK!

It's really nice to love the piano you have.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15506 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's really nice to love the piano you have.

Yep!!!

Especially since, pretty much from the time I started to play, I thought I would never be able to own a grand piano, so that makes it that much more special! <3