well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Biden’s African American support.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biden’s African American support.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
Black voters in Virginia via preliminary
Wow.

@CNN
exit polls:

Biden 63% (!)
Sanders 18%
Bloomberg 10%
Warren 7%
Klobuchar 1%
Steyer 1%

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Note Bloomberg out polls Warren among African Americans!

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
In the black community, left-wing manifesto-thumpers aren't going to make much of a Marx ...

Posts: 12474 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of Warren’s Latinx Problem.

It’s almost as if the only Latinos she ever met were in a Decolonization seminar at Brown.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Biden's support among African Americans in Southern states tends to consist of older, church going, and more conservative voters.

Posts: 24602 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:

It’s almost as if the only Latinos she ever met were in a Decolonization seminar at Brown.

She's got some weird hang-ups. Thinking she was a Native American when she wasn't comes to mind.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
Biden's support among African Americans in Southern states tends to consist of older, church going, and more conservative voters.

Yeah, I don’t know how any modern Democrat can win without them.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:

Saw this poll today from Florida about what Hispanics want to be called.

quote:

69% prefer Hispanic
23% prefer Latino
9% no preference
1% prefer Latinx

Who woulda thought Warren would pander to the 1%?

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Interesting since a huge percentage of Hispanics are actually Native American.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13509 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
In the black community, left-wing manifesto-thumpers aren't going to make much of a Marx ...
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34795 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:

Yeah, I don’t know how any modern Democrat can win without them.

Of course. I'm saying why he won African Americans in Southern states. I don't know if the data will exactly extrapolate to all states. But, let's face it. African Americans as will probably vote for Obama's VP. I think this is a little strange considering Biden's actual record over the course of his political career.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
The worst of it is it doesn’t matter how they vote. The south is going for Trump there’s not a damn thing anybody can do about it

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34795 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
You're probably right, Steve, but the demographics are such that it'll depend on turnout.

Mississippi, for example, is 38% African American.

The census says that it's 57% non-Latino white. I think that may be an overcount, because the census reports 3% Latino, and that seems incredibly low. Given the raids at the chicken processing plants last year, perhaps the very visible Latino minority consists mostly of people without documents who can't vote, so let's leave the 3% number alone.

Some white people there do vote for Democrats, which will narrow that 57/38 split. And some percentage of white people there are disgusted with Trump but will never vote for a Democrat because of the abortion issue, so they'll stay home. It seems that the African American voters have strong feelings about this election, so we can hope that they won't stay home.

It's a long shot, but these were the numbers I was spouting at Quirt while we watched Doug Jones win in Alabama.

South Carolina and Alabama have very similar demographics to Mississippi's. Georgia is already purplish and there are a lot of black people there.

It could happen. If the country survives 2020, the day of reckoning is coming for Republicans in those states.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15496 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:

She's out of the race and you're still taking cheap shots at her.

As I said earlier, her core supporters are college-educated whites. Her core opponents are Wall Streeters.

I think where you fall is obvious.

Posts: 45718 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
She was still in the race when I posted that.

I just happen to run across some data to support my earlier comment.