well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What will you do today to lower the stress?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What will you do today to lower the stress?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Today was getting the garden ready for planting. Beautiful sunny day and I feel much better for having been outside.

Tomorrow and this weekend will be going through a big stack of construction material that has been outside too long. I'll be hauling it to the dump, which seems safe enough.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
My friend and I walked past this house a few days ago. Neither of us had our phones with us then, so I walked over a little while ago to see how things looked.

Today:

When we were there on Day 8, the stained glass thing in the center wasn't there and the mood was a pic of a glass of wine.
Big Grin

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I went for a walk for 50 minutes in the sun under a clear sky. It felt so good. I started stressing about COVID-19 a couple days ago and figured I'd better come up with something.

Posts: 24717 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
we are so fortunate. we live out of town so we can walk on our own property or on the public lands close by. we have the horses, and they are great medicine. and (knock wood), we aren't facing a layoff. and i live in isolation most of the time, so i am used to it. mr. pique's attitude about working from home: "don't throw me in the briar patch."

for me, time in nature is always the answer. moving is always the answer. barn chores. de-shedding the ponies. today it's nice out so i'm opening all the windows and airing out the house. we're going to do a "home blessing hour" later on and clean up the place.

i have enormous gratitude for the fact that my very major surgery was successfully healed and my post-op health scare happened well before COVID19 started up here. that is a piece of dumb luck. i am on a couple of knee replacement online bulletin boards and people who really still need to be in PT or who are crippled and can't get their surgery done now are really in a jam.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21347 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Going for a walk, and will be sure to go past a house just around the corner.

They've done chalk drawings on sidewalk squares that say various things. Examples include "Welcome Dear Neighbor", or "Twirl Here" (with a spiral drawn in the middle), or "Dance (with the outlines of feet to guide your box step), or "Hop 5 Times".

Tried to take some pics but the chalk is unreadable.

I'll be hopping, dancing, and twirling on Waterman Street later today....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
My place of employ has a rec center. Today they're starting virtual yoga, zumba, hiit and other classes online. For free.

Big kudos to them. Smiler

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post