well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I Danced for the Angel of Death

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Danced for the Angel of Death
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Dr. Edith Eva Eger discusses being a prisoner at Auschwitz and her struggles with survivor's guilt.

https://www.kcet.org/shows/i-d...edith-eva-eger-story

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37881 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
I've enjoyed (if that's the right word) skimming this video - a lengthy interview of an Auschwitz survivor, with focus on her loving family and their intolerable losses of each other.

I couldn't help wishing, though, that I could have instead accessed a transcription of this very long narrative. Being already familiar with countless versions of this historic tragedy it would have enriched my understanding without redundancy.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I haven't read it yet, but her book The Choice might be something you'd be interested in.

https://www.simonandschuster.c...a-Eger/9781501130793

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37881 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Thank you, wtg, for this posting and now this alternate rendering.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post