well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Big Al's Knee Surgery Saga (WAS: S.O.S. - Big Al is locked out of WTF!)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Al's Knee Surgery Saga (WAS: S.O.S. - Big Al is locked out of WTF!)
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Wow.

I'm glad your login was solved.

I'm so sorry you have had to go through all this.

I'm sending you prayers for a full recovery soon.

Group Hug

Posts: 24711 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Holy cow. That's a harrowing tale for certain.

I'm so glad you're back among your friends here. We'll try to entertain you as best we can as you continue your recovery!

Welcome back.

Comfort

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Glad to have you back, big al.

Very sorry you had to go through all the scare and agony associated with the knee replacement. Here is wishing you a smoother road to recovery.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's a long and difficult road to travel. I hope your path forward is easier!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Oh wow. I am so sorry you are having to deal with this! Comfort

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
oh my god, al. what a horrible ordeal! most of these knee replacements go well, but when they don't... Frowner Frowner

i hope you get full mobility back. and that the pain and all the other insults to your body, including pain killers, resolves very soon.

so sorry you have been going through this! hang in there!!

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21347 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Good God. What an ordeal! Hard to believe your experience can even happen is this day and age.

You’re not far away now and if you’d like a visitor I wouldn’t mind a road trip. Now that I’m retired heaven knows I have the time. Let me know - we can swap project management stories. I can bring in some Gallo red (isn’t it Gallo you like to keep under the sink?) to get the stories going if that doesn’t violate interstate commerce laws.

Good to see you back. Please don’t be a stranger.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Goodness. That sounds terrible!!!

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Sorry you had to go through all of this, AL. Hope your continued healing goes fast.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Wow Al. That is scary! I'm glad you are on the road to recovery but sorry that you still have a ways to go. And I'm super glad someone figured out how to get you back in!

Posts: 4402 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
We'll try to entertain you as best we can as you continue your recovery!

So on the entertainment front....you may have missed all the games that have popped up recently....

Wordle (guess the word): https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html

Dordle (guess two words): https://dordle.io/

Quordle (guess four words): https://www.quordle.com/#/

Worldle (name the country): https://worldle.teuteuf.fr/

Nerdle (no need to explain to a fellow nerd): https://nerdlegame.com/

Redactle (guess the title of the Wiki entry): https://www.redactle.com/

There are probably more that I've missed....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Yoiks, Al! What an ordeal. I am so sorry to hear that you went through all that... and have more to come.

I've been angling for a knee replacement for 15 years and they keep telling me I am too young. Your story is giving me second thoughts.

Hang in there.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a much speedier recovery, Al! You’ve been through a lot. Welcome back.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's quite a tale. I'm glad you're on the mend, finally. I'm also glad to see you back here at WTF! Smiler

The only sad part is that apparently we missed the potential entertainment of you creating opiate-influenced posts here.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Hope you are continuing to recover....if you have time for an update, that would be great....

Bazootiehead-in-training