Find
Notify
Tools

Boulder
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
I'm sure everyone heard about what happened yesterday in the grocery store in Boulder. Frowner

We have a forumite who I think lives in the area, or at least did at one time? Just wanted to say I was relieved and glad to see him logged on here this morning.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37883 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
WaPo sez they define a mass shooting as one in which four or more people are injured or killed.

By that measure, there have been seven mass shootings in the last seven days.

It was absolutely amazing that within minutes of the news coming out, the NRA tweeted an image of a bad reproduction of the first page of the U.S. Constitution and the text of the Second Amendment thereto. Just in case anyone needed a reminder.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Frowner

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
It's maddening. The comments on the news stories are insane. First, there's the obligatory "now is not the time" to discuss gun control. Then there are the annoying people, "um, an AR-15 isn't an assault rifle you stupid libtard" (as if that's the point), the mandatory and meaningless "thoughts and prayers" and then the devolution into pro- and anti-Trump rhetoric.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I saw an article somewhere that described this as "breaking the lull in mass shootings that happened during the 2020 pandemic."

And you can't really argue that mass shootings are the norm....

Frowner

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Damn. He’s Syrian. Brace yourselves for a barrage of racist Republican rhetoric.

No one will want to talk about the white boy from Atlanta after this. After all, the Atlanta PD has already written him off as “he had a bad day”. Frowner

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I have two friends with kids who live in Boulder. One of them shops at a different branch of that same grocery store. (And he's of Asian ancestry.)

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post