well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Resolutions you can keep
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Resolutions you can keep
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
I resolve to eat a lot more salsa in 2018.

You?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I resolve to eat more chips and guacamole in 2018.

When are you visiting Chicago?

Big Grin

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Play more music, whether anyone can stand to listen to it or not.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
Get more sleep.

[Insert Signature Here]

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
I bought a Mediterranean cooking magazine yesterday. I am resolved to try many of the recipes. Made a nice Moroccan soup last night. Will make Koshari tomorrow.

I am resolved to finish 2 quilts that I started last year: One wool applique and one pieced.

I am working on Debussy's Preludes and am resolved to learn them this year. (I'm about ready to record Voiles and will post it when I do.)

I am resolved to buy a snow blower.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10563 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Play more tennis.

No kidding.

Posts: 19757 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Do more art. And focus on and appreciate what I have, rather than what I am missing.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Sight reading practice.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Exercise more.

Play more piano.

Those two shouldn't be hard, since I did very little of either this year. There's nowhere to go but up.

I'm trying to come up with a mid-life shift in attitude away from self-improvement and toward self-care. I enjoy playing the piano and I enjoy some exercise. What I really need to do is make more spaces in my days for things that are nurturing. Instead, I strike things off a to-do list and then I'm so burned out that I don't have the get-up-and-go to look for a new piece to play or to put on exercise clothes and hit the yoga mat, even though I know that I would enjoy those things more than an hour on the computer.

I've made some small inroads here. Let's see how 2018 goes.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15506 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Sight reading practice.

Yes! Add play more music to my list. Our son is visiting, he has been taking voice and guitar lessons, and I told him to bring his music - we’ve been playing (uke, guitar, piano) and singing every day and it’s been really fun.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'll take up nose flute! Yes, it's played with the nose; the shape of your mouth changes the pitches. Plus, if it strap it on your face, you can play Uke at the same time!!

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10563 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I resolve not to pick up the nose flute.

That’s a resolution I’ll definitely keep. Smiler

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Self-cultivation vs. self-improvement.

I like this attitude: self-improvement resolutions imply that something's wrong with you that you're supposed to fix. Self-cultivation is about doing more of the things that bring you joy. Let's do it!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
I resolve not to pick up the nose flute.

Or pick the nose flute. I'm not going to do that either.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post