well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Ted Lasso

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ted Lasso
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Best TV show I’ve seen in a long time. Good story, well written, quirky, and charming.

We’re making the biscuits tomorrow! ThumbsUp

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34967 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I resisted watching it for a long time, but I eventually started watching, and got hooked. It reminds me a little bit of Scrubs, without the voiceover at the end.

Excellent writing, excellent comedic timing, and I really didn't think I'd like Jason Sudeikis as much as I do.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Interesting that Apple bought it from Warner, a real movie house. Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, HBO, etc. should take notice.

If you want good content, you have to pay the writers.

Posts: 34967 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Interesting that Apple bought it from Warner, a real movie house. Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, HBO, etc. should take notice.

Funnily, I mentioned the Warner Brothers issue to Mary Anna last night. Warner Brothers owns HBO. Interesting that they didn't keep it for HBO and sold it to Apple.

By the way, the lead actor, Jason Sudeikis, is one of the credited writers.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
Yeah it's great. Sue and I have been watching for awhile now.

Highly recommended to anyone looking for a binge worthy series.

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:

Funnily, I mentioned the Warner Brothers issue to Mary Anna last night. Warner Brothers owns HBO. Interesting that they didn't keep it for HBO and sold it to Apple.

By the way, the lead actor, Jason Sudeikis, is one of the credited writers.

I thought about this all day.

HBO pawned the series off on Apple. Why? I would normally think money - maybe Apple offered more than HBO thought they could get otherwise. I’m not sure how the cash flows work on these deals.

Or maybe HBO thinks the public wants more dreary romances and sitcoms. Could be - they’ve been around a while. It’s worked in the past.

Lasso is knocking it out if the park. Gonna get all of the awards for good reason.

Alexa - buy ALL the popcorn!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, Apple TV is $5.99/month. A movie ticket, pre pandemic, was some $20. You can easily watch all current episodes in a week.

The Apple app sucks but if you stick with it you can get it to work.

Spend the $6. It’s worth it.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
Excellent writing, excellent comedic timing, and I really didn't think I'd like Jason Sudeikis as much as I do.

He's part Lithuanian. They're naturally charming.

Wink

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37922 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I have Apple+ TV that started free, and I haven’t used it at all. But we keep saying we’re going to watch Ted Lasso, so I’ve now paid for two months without turning on the telly…

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Kim had an outdoor Ted Lasso binge watching party last night and it was a big success.

She served the biscuits and said they were terrific! We made some from a different recipe and they were meh. We’ll take another run at them this weekend.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Had never heard of the show. Looked up the biscuit recipe, it’s shortbread. Though They use powdered sugar (which I use when I’m doing a shortbread crust for something like lemon bars) my moms recipe is a cup (2 sticks) salted butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 2 cup flour, mix til crumbly with a fork, press with the fork into your pan (square, get those fork tine marks around the edges) sprinkle the top with more sugar, bake 325 til the edges are golden brown. You can half the recipe if you want a thinner shortbread. You can use unsalted butter and add salt. It’s easy and delicious, and perfect with a cup of tea or coffee.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Had never heard of the show. Looked up the biscuit recipe, it’s shortbread. Though They use powdered sugar (which I use when I’m doing a shortbread crust for something like lemon bars) my moms recipe is a cup (2 sticks) salted butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 2 cup flour, mix til crumbly with a fork, press with the fork into your pan (square, get those fork tine marks around the edges) sprinkle the top with more sugar, bake 325 til the edges are golden brown. You can half the recipe if you want a thinner shortbread. You can use unsalted butter and add salt. It’s easy and delicious, and perfect with a cup of tea or coffee.

Interesting; my go-to short bread is less buttery, but still buttery! 1/2 C salted butter, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 1/4 cups flour, 1 tsp vanilla. Add mini chocolate chips (scandal, I know). 375 for 18-20 minutes.

Flour is really just something to hold butter and sugar together, isn’t it?

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
Gosh it makes perfect sense that a discussion of Ted Lasso would devolve into talking about recipes.

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan:
Gosh it makes perfect sense that a discussion of Ted Lasso would devolve evolve into talking about recipes.

FIFY

Leaving

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37922 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post