well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Old chair smell and other questions
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old chair smell and other questions
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Exquisite.

Posts: 24653 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
In a lucky coincidence (sort of), my kid's dog barfed on her "comfy chair" yesterday. We tried the baking soda method and while it did clean the chair, it didn't do much for the odor situation. So now we're having a big experiment. I will report back on our progress using Woolite pet upholstery cleaner, Bissell pet solution and God knows what else. Hopefully this will be a single trial experiment. Big Grin

Note to those of you who are secretly judging her: The dog is a 10 year old rescue. He is a furniture dog. At 10 years old, you pretty much get what you get. She's tried to train him to stay off the furniture with no success. The only way to keep him off while she's gone would be to lock him into the bathroom or something, which she isn't going to do. I get it. I suggested a trip to Target for some form of baby drop-cloths.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
FWIW I had to repeat the baking soda method multiple times - I think we did 6 in total. (twice, then seltzer, repeated three times) It took me several days. But our backup plan was replacing the sofa, so I figured why not keep trying?

But then dog vomit might be tougher that the boy-nyc variety.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm sure we can fix it. And by "we," I really mean "my daughter." She just hasn't been able to really attack it yet. Currently the chair is inaccessible, since her new roommates have just moved in and their boxes, etc. are everywhere.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Yikes, doggie vomit!

We put the chair in the sun with baking soda for a few hours, then vacuumed it and it seems much better. It’s in the living room now Smiler

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post