well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Wicked weather on the way

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wicked weather on the way
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Lots of rain. Freezing rain. Snow. Gale force winds and lakeshore warnings - 16 foot waves.

Eeker

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Yikes.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20446 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Yikes!!

Are you all stocked up?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18430 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Let's wait and see. Might just be a lot of rain by us!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
They keep threatening snow here by midweek, but then back off. I have some frozen stuff, milk and other doodads just in case.

I live in one of the higher areas of town, so we generally get hit harder and have things last longer than downtown. Fortunately, I can work from home if need be. I just get cabin fever!

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Something wicked this way comes.

I'm on my way to Rochester, but interestingly it's only supposed to get rain, not snow.

Posts: 45737 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Rained pretty hard last night and the winds have been howling. I was standing next to our bedroom window and heard/saw a 25 foot long branch crack and came down in my neighbor's yard, narrowly missing our fence. Pretty good sized one in our front yard, too.

Snow is a non-event so far.

Winds are straight from the east, somewhat unusual. I imagine the lakefront is pretty awful.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
A little taste of what Chicago's lakefront looked like this past weekend.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/wea...-in-chicago/2200331/

https://abc7chicago.com/5844358/

Bazootiehead-in-training

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
We got three or four inches of snow overnight. It's been snowing on and off during the day, but it's mostly melted off.

Then it will freeze overnight and become really fun!

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post