well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    San Diego Tribune endorses Pete

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

San Diego Tribune endorses Pete
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
"Michael Patton, president of the local NAACP chapter, supports him, saying, “Pete is someone who has done significant work in our community.”

Had not seen that. It needs to be better known.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I know many here are impressed with him but I don't see it. He's certainly an expert on the military and also foreign policy to some extent. Other than that, I don't see a reason to support him. I don't care that he's a "centrist" and Americans are not going to elect an openly gay president.

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
I know many here are impressed with him but I don't see it. He's certainly an expert on the military and also foreign policy to some extent. Other than that, I don't see a reason to support him. I don't care that he's a "centrist" and Americans are not going to elect an openly gay president.

What gets candidates elected? Is it their policies? Their experience?

No, not what I have observed.

What gets them elected is "leadership"

And what is leadership, exactly?

It's a quality of being. Everything
in the animal kingdom instinctively recognizes this quality when they see it, including humans. It's self carriage that communicates an internal steadiness and authority or conviction. It's intention: "This way. Here is where we are going."

It isn't loud, excitable, domineering, or brutal.

Pete has this innate leadership quality and people are increasingly resonating to it. This is why he can win. And possessing leadership, his sexual orientation becomes irrelevant.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
"Make America Good Again"

I hated the Make A great again...it already was.

I hate this one as well.

Good?

HOw about Make us together again?

MAke us WHOLE again.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
quote:

I hated the Make A great again...it already was.

I hate this one as well.

Good?

MAke us WHOLE again.

This is just a term used by the Tribune, not a slogan concocted by the Buttigieg campaign.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
quote:

I hated the Make

I hate this one as well.

Good?

MAke us WHOLE again.

This is just a term used by the Tribune, not a slogan concocted by the Buttigieg campaign.

True. But it happens to coincide well with his language when he's not talking about the military or foreign policy.

Many others (this is not my original thought) have pointed out he uses the language of liberal Episcopalian moralism, i.e. the language of a liberal Episcopalian pastor. He himself uses the word, "good" constantly to describe America's values and his own promise of a 'restoration' of sorts. I suspect this is why the Tribune used the word.

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
quote:

I hated the Make

I hate this one as well.

Good?

MAke us WHOLE again.

True. But it happens to coincide well with his language when he's not talking about the military or foreign policy.

Many others (this is not my original thought) have pointed out he uses the language of liberal Episcopalian moralism, i.e. the language of a liberal Episcopalian pastor. He himself uses the word, "good" constantly to describe America's values and his own promise of a 'restoration' of sorts. I suspect this is why the Tribune used the word.

Interesting analysis.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post