well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Uh-oh. Showing his age?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uh-oh. Showing his age?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
He’s trembling again.

President Trump struggled to lift a glass of water Saturday during his speech to U.S. Military Academy graduates at West Point.

Trump started to lift the glass with his right hand but seemed unable to guide it all the way up to his lips.

The president used his left hand to steady the glass and tilt it into his mouth.

https://t.co/IO8CDXmD9i

quote:
After his speech, Trump also looked unsteady as he walked down a ramp after a lethargic speech to the graduates of the Army college.

He also had difficulty pronouncing the name of iconic World War II Gen. Douglas MacArthur.

Apparently rattled by the coverage, Trump took to Twitter late Saturday to blame a sleep and slippery ramp for his unsteady gait.

“The ramp...was very long & steep, had no handrail and, most importantly, was very slippery.,” he wrote on Twitter. “The last thing I was going to do is “fall” for the Fake News to have fun with.”

https://www.nydailynews.com/ne...465p2j6he-story.html

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://t.co/IO8CDXmD9i

Wow.

What could cause this? (his need to use both hands to drink)

That's actually rather disconcerting, health wise I mean. (I don't care about him personally. Sorry).

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18472 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
I’ve read reports that say it could be an indicator of a neurological disorder and that he should be having scans to look into it.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I’m wondering whether he will dodge the debates so he doesn’t look like a dodderIng fool.

Posts: 45741 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m wondering whether he will dodge the debates so he doesn’t look like a dodderIng fool.

That's never stopped him before....

Posts: 18472 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Video of him walking down the ramp.

There's a person walking next to him. Note how that man walks down alternating which foot leads. Trump always leads with his left foot. Almost seems that the right foot is just a little bit weaker than the left.

https://www.independent.co.uk/...-water-a9565306.html

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
What Is Plaquenil?
Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine) is an antimalarial medication used to treat or prevent malaria, a disease caused by parasites, which enter the body through the bite of a mosquito. Plaquenil is also used to treat symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and discoid or systemic lupus erythematosus. Plaquenil is available in generic form.

What Are Side Effects of Plaquenil?
Common side effects of Plaquenil include

nausea,
vomiting,
stomach pain or cramps,
loss of appetite,
weight loss,
diarrhea,
dizziness,
spinning sensation,
headache,
ringing in your ears,
mood changes,
nervousness,
irritability,
skin rash,
itching, or
hair loss.
Tell your doctor if you experience serious side effects of Plaquenil including

muscle weakness,
twitching,
uncontrolled movement,
loss of balance or coordination,
blurred vision,
light sensitivity,
seeing halos around lights,
pale skin,
easy bruising or
bleeding,
confusion,
unusual thoughts or behavior, or
seizures (convulsions).

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7555 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Interesting thought, but he's been off the drug (or so I thought) for a couple of weeks.

He's also had problems with drinking water, and his speech, in the past.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...ands-like-child.html

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
The stairs video, could be a vision problem??

Anyway, yeah, cognitive decline, Parkinson's....

Ugh. We need this man out of office.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
We may never know what drugs he is taking.
A stroke could cause one side to be impaired and affect his speech.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Based on my vast medical expertise (Which basically consists of being involved in my parents care when they were in their 90s),
This looks like someone who has had a mild stroke sometime within the last year.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
Based on my vast medical expertise (Which basically consists of being involved in my parents care when they were in their 90s),
This looks like someone who has had a mild stroke sometime within the last year.
It does look a bit like how my mother was after she had a couple TIAs.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Even the South China Morning Post had an article about it.

https://www.scmp.com/news/worl...lk-raises-new-health

I had forgotten about that unscheduled visit to Walter Reed late last year.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:

That's never stopped him before....

LOL!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Or he could just have arthritis in his knees and is feeling unstable because of that. I'm hesitant to give much of a diagnosis about his health because I'm not a doctor and this is less than 1 minute of tape.

What I am comfortable saying, however, is that he doesn't look at all comfortable or healthy in that video. Leaning over, grasping the podium, etc.

It would appear that he was, at least on that day, an unstable genius.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post