well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted
I am over the moon! happydance
Also, OMG I about had a heart attack four or five times! The seller's house was, to put it mildly, a nightmare of steps, uneven cobblestone walkways, deck covered with slippery leaves... There were a few very, very dicey moments, like when the piano almost fell over before they got it up the ramp... I stopped watching after that! Once they got to my house, it was a snap. And my beloved upright went to its new home as well.

So, please allow me to introduce my brand new (20 y/o) Yamaha C2 (in all of its 5'8" of glory!)

Leaving the seller's house (this was after my fourth heart attack, Mr. SK took this one because I couldn't watch anymore):

Coming up the steps to our house:

In its new home:

Full stick:

Another view:

From the side:

Looking the other way:

Closed up and ready for me to go to work:

I still may move things around a bit. (Like the lamp, don't know where I want that to go).

I played it a little bit, it sounds great, even after the move. I am overjoyed!!! I can't put it into words!!!! I did cry a bit when it was all put together and I got my first look at it!

Also, can't say enough good things about the movers! Ok, they probably needed a third person getting it out of the sellers house, but they move pianos all the time, and I don't think generic movers would have been able to do it.

Anyway, yay!!!!!! happydance Keyboard Jam happydance

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Terrific! ThumbsUp

How does it sound?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
happydance happydance happydance

Well, how does it sound in the new space?????? edit: Wait, did I miss your comments about playing it, or did you add them after the initial post?

In any event, wishing you many happy hours of music making!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
WTG, I edited, sorry!!

It sounds great!!! I am so, so happy!!!!

now if only i didn't have a meeting in a half hour, I'd take the day off... but alas! Ole

Still, it'll be there for me when I get home!
Keyboard Jam

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
It look gorgeous in that space! I'm so glad you found a piano you love. Just think of all the happy hours you'll spend on that bench!

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15506 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
What a great day in your life! Enjoy...

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!!

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
It’s beautiful! Looks great with that rug!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
So when's the piano party? Big Grin Leaving

Enjoy!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
So when's the piano party?

Not soon enough!! Ole

Thanks everyone! Owning a grand piano has been a dream of mine for a long time, and until very recently, a dream I thought would never come true.

Also, shout out to Ron and Quirt for putting up with my various questions through PMs, thank you both for your counsel! Yes

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I think that looks like the right size piano for your space, not overwhelming! And it sounds good, too! Congratulations on the new addition to your family.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Congratulations. It's a beauty!

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
SK, I'm so happy for you!! I took lessons on a C2 for 10 years. Lovely instrument. As you know, I just had my piano moved last weekend (I'm still putting things away from the upheaval) and I can relate to the nerve wracking aspect of it--and I only had it moved from the music room to the living room!

I hope it is everything you want it to be and you get years of enjoyment from it.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10563 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Did you try it in different positions, or settle on this one before it came in? Inquirin’ minds wanna know!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post