well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think that looks like the right size piano for your space, not overwhelming!

AdagioM, I agree. I played a C3 (6'1" IIRC) and a Kawai RX-2 (5'11") and I do think that extra bit might have pushed it over the edge! For example, as it is now, I can pull the bench out and sit at the piano with the bench completely on the carpet. I think any longer and that wouldn't work and then it looks funny etc.

Bernard, I played two C2s during my search, and loved them both. This one had the right price tag on it! Smiler

quote:
Did you try it in different positions, or settle on this one before it came in?

AdagioM, I did not, I just decided to go with this because it is the position that is best for the piano in terms of the windows and air vents. Also I think this position makes best use of the room. You can't really tell from the photos, but the rug only takes up a certain amount, and the part where the wood floor is exposed is actually perfect for setting up chairs for a piano party. So hopefully I will like the sound with this placement (it's still too soon to tell), because I really like the way it looks!

If we need to or want to move it in the future, we'll have to get someone to come and help. We'll see.

Just now, we moved some of the artwork around, and moved that lamp, and I think it looks even better.

I'm biased though!!!

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Gratuitous keyboard close-up shot! Ole

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Flower
Keyboard Jam

It looks great right there.

All you must do now is record a video of you playing for us. Big Grin

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
It looks great right there.

Thank you!!

quote:
All you must do now is record a video of you playing for us.

I do want to do that soon, but I have my tech coming next week, so I'll probably wait till then. It sounds great though! I am sooooo pleased!!!

What Life?
Picture of piqaboo
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

OT's ball 'n chain

Posts: 2691 | Registered: 07 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Looks fantastic!

Congratulations! All your planning sure paid off! The location looks really good!

Play it in good health for many, many years. Yes

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone!!

BTW:

I may need to get an artist bench... ROTFLMAO

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
It looks perfect! And yes, I splurged on a duet-sized (double-seater) artist bench when I bought my last piano, and I LOVE it. Every time I sit down my butt thanks me. Big Grin

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Nina, did you get a real one? (Jansen IIRC)

I need to see how it goes tomorrow. Right now there are two towels and a folded up mat. That’s too tall but it’s too short with just the towel and mat...

I don’t think I can afford a real Jansen artist bench right now, Amazon has a variety of knock offs at a variety of price points...

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Did you play all night?

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
Looks great SK. Congratulations on getting across the finish line!

Smiler

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I did get a Jansen--I can't remember if they gave me a great deal, or I paid for the "upgrade." Either way, it was a fantastic decision on my part. Smiler

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Every time I sit down my butt thanks me. Big Grin
Jensen should make that their slogan.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Very, very happy for you. That's a gorgeous piano. I hope you have many years of joy playing it.

Posts: 9597 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post