well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I’m supporting Steve Bullock 2020!
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I’m supporting Steve Bullock 2020!
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
There's his campaign slogan! Big Grin

Posts: 35360 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
Looks pretty good to me, although it would be nice to be able to potentially get more than three electoral votes.

Cindy, other than Bullock, anybody else in the bullpen? (See what I did there?)

Posts: 14230 | Location: Merry Land | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
For a campaign slogan I think "Bullock has bollocks" is more memorable.

--------------------------------
http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10557 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Good choice, Cindy. He's been an excellent governor.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21283 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Bump!

He did an interview on MSNBC recently. He was delightful and charming. He stuck to the message that he knows how to govern and bring people together. Very smooth, and I think rural and suburban voters will eat it up.

And they asked him point-blank whether he was running in 2020, and he gave a coy answer.

Which means he's running! Get on the Bullock train, people!

Posts: 19753 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Bullock declines to speculate

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25656 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
"Declines to speculate" means he is going to run.

Are you thinking that he can't win?

Posts: 19753 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:

Are you thinking that he can't win?

Not at all. Hope he becomes a front runner and maybe the candidate.

Posts: 25656 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Swoon!

Re the CNN interview, It is so refreshing to hear something, anything, that isn’t a personal attack.

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Nah. His campaign slogan is built in. All he needs is a safety pin through his cheek.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13509 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Mik! ROTFLMAO

I was thinking the same. His name might be an issue.

Bullock: bullock noun
bull·​ock | \ˈbu̇-lək also ˈbə- \
Definition of bullock
1 : a young bull
2 : a castrated bull : STEER

Posts: 13626 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
He's in.

quote:
Montana Gov. Steve Bullock announced on Tuesday that he's running for president, appealing to primary voters as a Democrat elected twice in a largely Republican state and joining a primary field of nearly two dozen candidates.

Bullock is focusing his campaign message on campaign finance, touting Montana's election laws that he has championed as attorney general and governor, and promising to "take our democracy back."

"I believe in an America where every child has a fair shot to do better than their parents. But we all know that kind of opportunity no longer exists for most people; for far too many, it never has," Bullock says in his announcement video. "We need to defeat Donald Trump in 2020 and defeat the corrupt system that lets campaign money drown out the people's voice, so we can finally make good on the promise of a fair shot for everyone."

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/14...020-presidential-run

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:

"I believe in an America where every child has a fair shot to do better than their parents. But we all know that kind of opportunity no longer exists for most people;

Based on recent NYT reporting, Donald Trump was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and he couldn't even manage it.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15496 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Five thirty eight has an article stating that Bullock has potential.

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
Hedging politicians spoiled "no means no." Mad

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12675 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post