well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I’m supporting Steve Bullock 2020!
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I’m supporting Steve Bullock 2020!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
National Democrats want Bullock to set his sights on the US Senate rather than the White House. They believe Bullock is their best chance to defeat Sen. Steve Daines (R), who is up for reelection in 2020 — but he’s shown absolutely no interest in chasing the Senate seat. He’s now the third current or former governor in the race for president, alongside former Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper and Washington Gov. Jay Inslee.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and...unning-for-president

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Our local mayor, Wilmott Collins, a black refugee from Liberia, is running against Daines for Senate. I really like Wilmott, but I don't know that he can win a statewide race. Most people here are pissed at Bullock because he's needed for that Senate seat. But if he becomes a front runner, I wont complain. He'd make a great president.

Take a look at the documentary "Dark Money" to see the role Montana played in fighting the Citizens United ruling when Bullock was AG. He took the casetothe Supreme Court, and when he lost, he got legislation passed requiring donors to identify themselves.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Impressive.

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Hey the film streams for free until October. The journalist in the film is an amazing guy I've been lucky enough to get to know.

http://www.pbs.org/pov/darkmoney/

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Bullock on Rachel Maddow last night, three videos:
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-m...ed-state-59708997825

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
The argument has been made that being mayor is a far more demanding job than being governor, and both are certainly more demanding than being a state or national legislator. The general notion is that the buck gets passed lower and lower (both literally and metaphorically) and by the time you get to the mayor, something has to happen and something has to be implemented.

So my question is this: for those who feel that Buttigieg (sp?), Bullock and others lack the experience on a national stage, do you discount this argument?

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Mayor and Governor require executive skills that a legislative job does not. I don't know about the mayor's job being tougher than the governor's. That seems counterintuitive to me as state government is a lot more unwieldy than city government. What Bullock has been able to achieve despite our crazy ass legislature is pretty amazing and I am very grateful. Our mayor Wilmot Collins is now running for a Senate seat. I don't think he has faced challenges anything like those that Bullock has as governor. So maybe it depends...

Btw, Collins is a black refugee from Liberia.

Maddow is dead wrong when she characterizes Montana as a deep red state. There is a very strong union history here and it is a very tolerant society, traditionally. And we have often voted in a democratic governor while going Republican for President. Not at all unusual here.

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
For the first time in my life, I will vote a straight ticket. At this stage, I just want to see a complete fumigation reversal of the GOP's politics and views, from the local races through to the White House.

Sure, Steve Bullock 2020! I'm in!

I am not voting for any R in any office until Trump is gone.

jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17671 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
I loved Buttigieg's comment on "Freedom."

I was practicing for Easter on Palm Sunday at church when his livestream came on the air announcing his candidacy. I was so tickled I recorded the Star Spangled Banner and the Navy hymn as a medley and put it on youtube.

He's an outside chance but we'll see. Still a bit early to tell.

Here's his comments on freedom -- pretty funny and pretty spot-on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGwv8BMWSeQ

Another day in Paradise.

Posts: 3902 | Registered: 14 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Well, I think I'm ready to throw in the towel on Bullock.

I saw him on Trevor Noah the other night. And honestly, he struck me as . . . well, if he were a woman, sexist people would call him "shrill." It's almost like he is yelling.

And a lot of his responses were pat.

And I think he's toast. Maybe I should check out Andrew Yang.

Posts: 19757 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
So far I think you should warm up to Biden.

(I’m not crazy about him either)

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
No. Biden is a senile old man.

I’m evaluating Andrew Yang.

Posts: 19757 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Bullock came out in favor of fracking. Forget him.

Why not Buttigieg?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Hickenlooper approved of fracking while governor.
The leading Dem candidate for senator dropped out when Hickenlooper announced for senator.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
Bullock came out in favor of fracking. Forget him.

Why not Buttigieg?

I’d be more than happy to support mayor Pete, but he’s pretty much a long shot at this point.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post