well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Dems offer Trump full $5.7 billion for border security though not for a wall

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dems offer Trump full $5.7 billion for border security though not for a wall
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
Oh, sure! To be enforced - how? I REALLY don't like this!

Besides caving into his extortion, given his lifelong track record of cheating, through dishonest conniving and finagling, I feel certain he'd find a way to spend the same sum on building the Trump (Memorial) Wall while technically financing it from other sources. Any dollar is as green as another.

Hope they change the terms of the offer as I can't see how it can be made air-tight against manipulation as described. Disappointed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/0...ries&pgtype=Homepage

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
On the other hand, the studies, OMB reviews, and budget authorizations that this would have to go through may derail the entire wall project until after trump is long gone and the power structure in Congress may have shifted.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post