well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Samsung - corruption, bribery, presidential pardon

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Samsung - corruption, bribery, presidential pardon
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted
Lee Jae-yong: Why South Korea just pardoned the Samsung 'prince'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-62501514

Story on Samsung heir being convicted, twice, on bribery, yet still get another presidential pardon, purportedly because he is needed to lead Samsung to spur South Korea's economic recovery.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Recently read a review of a Samsung product that advised avoiding the product due to terrible customer service.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I want a Samsung phone...

It's a 2019 release.

I was going to trade in my Pixel with Amazon but decided not to do it because I'd have to be without a phone for at least ten days.

The Samsung princeling sounds like a piece of work.

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of AD
posted Hide Post
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10plus, which has allowed me to go paperless i.e. notes, shopping lists. It is big enough to use to browse internet and 'old enough' to find new at a bargain price of £450

Daughter had a Huawei with a notably superb camera, but has gone back to Samsung and got herself a Galaxy Z fold 4.

Every morrning the soul is once again as good as new, and again one offers if to one's brothers and sisters in life.

Posts: 371 | Location: Land of the Prince Bishops | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Different rules all too often apply to the rich. I doubt that South Korea is an exception.

Full disclosure: there are multiple Samsung smart phones and TVs in my household.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7381 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
And exploding batteries! Google for more!

How I wish Xiaomi was compatible with Spectrum.

Maybe I'll change my carrier.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
SO told me not to do it advised me against it.

Plan B-- buy a Samsung with the monthly extra warranty. I think it's $7.

I have a Pixel 3a.

By today's standards, small screen, underpowered, low battery power, low refresh rate, 400 ppi is good, OLED screen is step down from AMOLED or POLED.

Spectrum will let established customers bring a Samsung A, Flip, or Fold.

So I could pay their price for an A53 5G ($100 more than Amazon) or buy an S20 FE 5G.

My eyes are getting worse and I'm also having a hard time typing on the small screen.