well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Samsung - corruption, bribery, presidential pardon

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/2933954797

12 August 2022, 05:37 PM
Axtremus
Samsung - corruption, bribery, presidential pardon
Lee Jae-yong: Why South Korea just pardoned the Samsung 'prince'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-62501514

Story on Samsung heir being convicted, twice, on bribery, yet still get another presidential pardon, purportedly because he is needed to lead Samsung to spur South Korea's economic recovery.
12 August 2022, 07:13 PM
CHAS
Recently read a review of a Samsung product that advised avoiding the product due to terrible customer service.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

15 August 2022, 09:01 PM
Daniel
I want a Samsung phone...

It's a 2019 release.

I was going to trade in my Pixel with Amazon but decided not to do it because I'd have to be without a phone for at least ten days.

The Samsung princeling sounds like a piece of work.
16 August 2022, 02:44 AM
AD
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10plus, which has allowed me to go paperless i.e. notes, shopping lists. It is big enough to use to browse internet and 'old enough' to find new at a bargain price of £450

Daughter had a Huawei with a notably superb camera, but has gone back to Samsung and got herself a Galaxy Z fold 4.

Every morrning the soul is once again as good as new, and again one offers if to one's brothers and sisters in life.

16 August 2022, 12:39 PM
big al
Different rules all too often apply to the rich. I doubt that South Korea is an exception.

Full disclosure: there are multiple Samsung smart phones and TVs in my household.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

26 October 2022, 04:50 PM
Daniel
And exploding batteries! Google for more!

How I wish Xiaomi was compatible with Spectrum.

Maybe I'll change my carrier.
27 October 2022, 12:19 PM
Daniel
SO told me not to do it advised me against it.

Plan B-- buy a Samsung with the monthly extra warranty. I think it's $7.

I have a Pixel 3a.

By today's standards, small screen, underpowered, low battery power, low refresh rate, 400 ppi is good, OLED screen is step down from AMOLED or POLED.

Spectrum will let established customers bring a Samsung A, Flip, or Fold.

So I could pay their price for an A53 5G ($100 more than Amazon) or buy an S20 FE 5G.

My eyes are getting worse and I'm also having a hard time typing on the small screen.