well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    This Santos Guy ...
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Santos Guy ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
May be Fried ...

... along with his four big donors.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
An old saying, "Shootin' is too good for him."

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
What I don't get is how he, and his four big donors, could have thought they would get away with it. This is an example for "money laundering 101" of how NOT to do it. His four major donors will be in the dock as well. There is no way on planet earth that they didn't know where their money went.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Santos, who in 2020 reported holding no assets and a salary of $55,000 from a vice president position at a financial company called LinkBridge, appears to have suddenly come into substantial wealth, claiming a net worth of as much as $11.5 million on his 2022 financial disclosure. Almost all of it came through the newly formed Devolder Organization, which the 34-year-old says paid him between $1 million and $5 million in dividends along with another $750,000 in salary.

One wonders who is really behind all that money. I wouldn't want to rush in with any guesses, but someone might be puttin' this guy up.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Apparently Santos used a fake name to set up a gofundme for a fake charity.

Color me surprised.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...-charity/ar-AA15Lc1R

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to hear McCarthy's tortured reasoning for seating this guy long enough to vote for him as speaker. Then he'll happily toss Santos in front of an onrushing legal train to be crushed, his bloodied political corpse then thrown aside as useless... such morning metaphors. Big Grin

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
I can't wait to hear McCarthy's tortured reasoning for seating this guy long enough to vote for him as speaker. Then he'll happily toss Santos in front of an onrushing legal train to be crushed, his bloodied political corpse then thrown aside as useless... such morning metaphors. Big Grin

ThumbsUp

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I was literally laughing out loud reading his excuses for why what he said wasn't exactly "lies."

When I got to the part where he said his (mother? grandmother?) survived the Holocaust, but he was raised Catholic and when he claimed to be Jewish he really meant "Jew-ish," I totally lost it.

ROTFLMAO

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
It ceases to be remotely pitiable when shell corporations are used to funnel dark money directly into his pocket and into politics. If that's what has in fact happened, I want him and his four "big" donors behind bars.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

This is one of my favorites!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
This is beyond an unbelievable movie script…

quote:
George Santos masterminded 2017 ATM fraud, former roommate tells feds

“Santos taught me how to skim card information and how to clone cards,” Gustavo Ribeiro Trelha, who was convicted of felony access device fraud, said Wednesday in a sworn declaration submitted to the FBI.

https://www.politico.com/news/...-fraud-feds-00086417

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
A 13-count indictment was unsealed today in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York charging George Anthony Devolder Santos, better known as “George Santos,” a United States Congressman representing the Third District of New York, with seven counts of wire fraud, three counts of money laundering, one count of theft of public funds, and two counts of making materially false statements to the House of Representatives.

The indictment was returned yesterday under seal by a federal grand jury sitting in Central Islip, New York. Santos was arrested this morning and will be arraigned this afternoon before U.S. Magistrate Judge Arlene R. Lindsay at the federal courthouse in Central Islip, New York.

Breon Peace, United States Attorney for the Eastern District of New York, Kenneth A. Polite, Jr., Assistant Attorney General of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division, and Michael J. Driscoll, Assistant Director-in-Charge, Federal Bureau of Investigation, New York Field Office (FBI), and Anne T. Donnelly, District Attorney, Nassau County, announced the charges.

“This indictment seeks to hold Santos accountable for various alleged fraudulent schemes and brazen misrepresentations,” stated United States Attorney Peace. “Taken together, the allegations in the indictment charge Santos with relying on repeated dishonesty and deception to ascend to the halls of Congress and enrich himself. He used political contributions to line his pockets, unlawfully applied for unemployment benefits that should have gone to New Yorkers who had lost their jobs due to the pandemic, and lied to the House of Representatives. My Office and our law enforcement partners will continue to aggressively root out corruption and self-dealing from our community’s public institutions and hold public officials accountable to the constituents who elected them.”

https://www.justice.gov/usao-e...blic-funds-and-false

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rep. George Santos won't seek re-election following scathing House Ethics report

The House Ethics Committee found "substantial evidence" that Santos broke multiple laws and will refer its findings, including new "uncharged" conduct, to the Justice Department.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...nel-finds-rcna125335

Bazootiehead-in-training