well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Quick - need sign ideas for protest in an hour!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quick - need sign ideas for protest in an hour!
 Login/Join

Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted
So the DJT Women for Trump bus tour -- starring Lara Trump and a few other right winger women -- is kicking off its nationwide tour at MY LOCAL FIREHOUSE (in a tiny town in the middle of nowhereville) this afternoon. I am planning to go to protest. Any good sign ideas????

Posts: 4402 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Dump Trump! lol

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
BYEDON 2020!

google for example images

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
That’s awesome. I can’t improve on that.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Yup.

BYEDON 2020 is sigworthy!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37883 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I hope it’s true! How was the event?

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
It was smallish - maybe 50 or so protesters, plus some group on facebook had organized a driveby protest so a number of cars drove back and forth with anti-trump signs beeping and waving. I saw several ByeDon signs, actually. We could sort of see the actual event - it was in front of a big pink bus in the parking lot behind the firehouse and we were out on the street. It did not look packed - many empty chairs. The protesters were chanting the whole time so the only line I could hear out of the speeches was "We're going to keep America as America" but clearly based on that, Lara Trump is just as skilled on the verbal nonsense front as the rest of her family.

I wish I had taken photos. Saw a few cute signs including "Even Trump's Mother Didn't Like Him" and "One Day, like a miracle, it will disappear" with a photo of Trump surrounded by covid viruses. Lots of signs saying no more years. We live in a very Trumpian area and I expected the regular passers-by on the street to be rude to us, but we got a lot of thumbs up -- a whole lot, given this area. That said, one lady flipped us off, a group of teen boys repeatedly drove by with a huge trump flag shouting 4 more years, and one guy leaned out his window and called us communist traitors which cheered up LL#2 since he is pretty far to the radical left. :-)

Posts: 4402 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Lisa, sounds pretty good overall!!

This:

quote:
"One Day, like a miracle, it will disappear" with a photo of Trump surrounded by covid viruses.

ROTFLMAO

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Good going, Lisa!

ThumbsUp

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37883 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post