well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Sick. Again!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sick. Again!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
Seriously. Both Steve and I, fever, terrible cough, headache. He is finally feeling a little better this morning. I still have a low grade fever. WTF is up with this?! Multiple negative covid tests, just like last time. He had to go to some work thing where people had flown in from all over, and he thinks he picked it up there.

Are we just mores susceptible because we had Covid? Has it messed up our immune systems? Or are the respiratory bugs just nastier now? I really hate losing days at this point in my life. Frowner

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Well that's miserable. Comfort

Could be a lot of things contributing. Stress is one factor. And none of us is getting any younger,. We know that immunity decreases with age, so that could be part of it. I haven't heard anything about past infection with COVID being an issue with respect to becoming more susceptible to other bugs, but with this virus, nothing would surprise me.

Sometimes I think our bodies take us out of the game when we need rest. Binge some good stuff. Don't watch the news. Drink lots of hot tea.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Ugh, I'm really sorry Jodi! I hope you both feel better quickly!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18509 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I hope you and Steve feel better soon, Jodi.

Comfort

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry. Frowner

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34970 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine got really sick recently. He was very careful and it wasn’t Covid. His doctor said there’s just a lot of crap going around right now.

Sorry you’re sick, Jodi. Comfort

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it is possible, but I wonder
whether Covid reset my allergies.
Had a big reaction to an allergy shot. Doc has started me on more frequent, weaker, shots.
Have been having a lot of allergy trouble for December, January, and early February.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
I hope you and Steve get better soon.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7411 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Hope you are better soon.
%^& this carp is getting ole.
Bob' brother has Covid.
A friend in Denver tested positive for Covid today.
I am grumpy which could be an early symptom of something or maybe just a lack of chocolate.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Based on what we are seeing in schools this year, my theory is that there are just more things circulating and everyone is getting hit all at once since there wasn’t much spreading around during Covid measures.

I have been low-key sick since September. I’m more or less fine but always have one or two nagging cold symptoms. They flare up from time to time and then recede again. I have never tested positive for Covid.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Oh, no!

Feel better soon.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Hope you feel better soon!

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this, jodi.

I know this ia ridiculous thing to say in this world, but it sure doesn't seem fair.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
How are the jodis doing?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Steve is still cycling in and out of a fever. He’s been swabbed for influenza, Covid, and RSV, all negative. He’s been to the doctor once, they gave him cough medicine, but his cough is still bad. I think he needs to go again tomorrow. My cough is also really bad but I no longer have a fever. This sucks, whatever it is.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post