well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Does anyone here play chess?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone here play chess?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted
I can't be the only one.

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
I can't be the only one.

In my case, I might use the past tense ... Big Grin

I was really pretty good ... when I was thirteen.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I was probably "above average" in chess before 13. Today, I can probably still play in the sense that I think I still remember most of the rules, but most likely cannot play well now. Shrug

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
My son plays. He was ranked as a kid, but hasn't played seriously for years. It's hard to find a partner, and he's not that interested in playing on line.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
It's hard to like a game where an average laptop can kick the sh!t out of you 99.9% of the time ... Big Grin

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Like PD and Ax.

But I occasionally play with my son now. But I’m not that good.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
I play regularly, mostly against my son. Current rating is 1370. (For the uninitiated amongst you readers, that makes me adequate, but not that good in the grand scheme of things.)

Look me up on Chess with Friends Daniel if that makes for a match you'd be interested in. My handle is DanG_78. If you play on a different platform, let me know what it is and we can play that way too.

Smiler

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Um...how about dominoes? That's more my speed...

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
It's hard to like a game where an average laptop can kick the sh!t out of you 99.9% of the time ... Big Grin

I like Pong just fine. Thank you! Big Grin

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan:
I play regularly, mostly against my son. Current rating is 1370. (For the uninitiated amongst you readers, that makes me adequate, but not that good in the grand scheme of things.)

Look me up on Chess with Friends Daniel if that makes for a match you'd be interested in. My handle is DanG_78. If you play on a different platform, let me know what it is and we can play that way too.

Smiler

Very kind! Smiler