well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Treating the unvaccinated
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Treating the unvaccinated
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Treating the Unvaccinated

In Utah, and across the U.S., doctors are facing a wave of preventable COVID deaths—and trying to convince the hesitant that “it doesn’t have to be this way.”

https://www.newyorker.com/scie...source=pocket-newtab

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37924 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Good thing I am not a medical professional. I am out of compassion for the unvaccinated.

The daughter of my late brother is working as a dental hygienist and I am sure she is unvaccinated.
She lives and works in a county that was rated #1 for Covid on July 15th. She worked for her father until he went into the hospital in December where he died from the virus on December 22, 2020.
Her father dies of the virus on December 22, 2020.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
What a change from the 1950s when people lined up around the block for any opportunity to get vaccinated. What happened?

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13813 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I got my first Shingles shot, btw. The tech asked me if I wanted one. I remembered the shortages and wasn't about to say no.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
I got my first Shingles shot, btw. The tech asked me if I wanted one. I remembered the shortages and wasn't about to say no.

Yeah, I had to wait out that shortage.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
My mom was waiting for the Shingrex shot to become available pre-pandemic.

She got shingles a couple of months ago... Frowner

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7555 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Good thing I am not a medical professional. I am out of compassion for the unvaccinated.

The daughter of my late brother is working as a dental hygienist and I am sure she is unvaccinated.
She lives and works in a county that was rated #1 for Covid on July 15th. She worked for her father until he went into the hospital in December where he died from the virus on December 22, 2020.
Her father dies of the virus on December 22, 2020.

Wow! That lady is courting death.

I've read more than once that dental hygienist is THE most hazardous. profession re COVID. transmission. It's primarily something to do with the aeresolization of the devices used in the mouth.
For a while (maybe still or in certain states) they require dentists to purchase pricy equipment to somehow. protect against the aerosol.

That or they do their work without using that particular tool.
(Have you spoken to her about her choice? Is it a matter of "Freedom" or does it reflect a belief about the virus - its risks, its transmission or even whether it really exists?)

She must have some rationale.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Amanda,
My niece is over 50. She worked for her father, a dentist, for many years. He was a Goldwater fanatic and went further right the older he became. He talked freedom fries and all the other carp. He died from following the right and Trump on Covid.
Dad told me years ago that I would have to see that he was cared for because he was becoming crazier by the day.
You are correct. I don't see this ending well.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Frankly I'm surprised that health insurance companies haven't put either an additional charge if you've not been vaccinated, or a rebate if you have.

I don't believe it's illegal, since covid vaccine status isn't a preexisting condition, but rather a medical treatment.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I completely forgot about the shingles vaccine, I'll have to try to get it. Ron, I'm sorry your mom had it!

Nina, I never thought about that insurance thing...

I wonder if it's too hard to prove vaccination status -- or rather, too easy to forge.

Also maybe they would have to wait until FDA approval is official?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18504 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
My mom was waiting for the Shingrex shot to become available pre-pandemic.

She got shingles a couple of months ago... Frowner

Frowner

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
It's interesting to me that several GOP governors are now going public and urging their unvaccinated constituents to get vaccinated. The cynic in me says they're worried about the economic hit should they have to either lock down again, or if people, companies, conventions, etc., refuse to come to their cities because the COVID rate is out of control again. Hospitals are filling up, just like before. It's insanity.

For the record, I do not buy the argument that the GOP is waking up to the fact that their stance on vaccinations is killing their voting base, which is an argument I've heard a lot on social media. I may be cynical, but that's a step too far for me.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do not buy the argument that the GOP is waking up to the fact that their stance on vaccinations is killing their voting base

+1 (i.e., +1, I don't buy it either)

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18504 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Frankly I'm surprised that health insurance companies haven't put either an additional charge if you've not been vaccinated, or a rebate if you have.

I don't believe it's illegal, since covid vaccine status isn't a preexisting condition, but rather a medical treatment.

They don't want that crowd mad at them or they are part of that crowd?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:
I do not buy the argument that the GOP is waking up to the fact that their stance on vaccinations is killing their voting base

+1 (i.e., +1, I don't buy it either)

Musta agree. That requires a belief that Covid-19 is a big, bad, disease.