well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    CDC eases mask guidelines

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CDC eases mask guidelines
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted
https://youtu.be/HMo7DvoAM-0

This is all I've seen about it, and realize this doctor doesn't work for the CDC, but listen to his word salad.

Will this idiocy ever end?

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I didn't watch the video (I prefer written reports that I can skim), but I have seen reports about changing guidance on masking -- specifically outdoors, and also for gatherings when all present are fully vaccinated.

It makes sense to me. The scientific understanding of how the virus works evolves, vaccinations increase, understanding of best practice evolves, guidelines change.

Is there something in that process that you don't agree with?

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Go to the source:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronaviru...-cover-guidance.html

That CDC page was updated on April 19, 2021.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Past CDC guidance on masks is not credible, to say the least. I don't see a good argument to take their guidance when, in part, their agenda is vaccine acceptence.

I'll stick to wearing masks until this pandemic is over. I don't want the government telling me how much risk should be acceptable to me.

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
I see the CDC's masking guidance as the 'minimum' precautions I should be taking. I am completely OK with people taking even more precautions above and beyond the CDC's recommendations.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Same here, Ax. I also think it will be really weird to let my guard down once I'm two weeks out from my second vaccination. I don't anticipate eating indoors, going to an indoor concert or a movie theater anytime soon.

Even if it's deemed acceptable, I'm not sure I would feel comfortable.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I don’t see much point in getting vaccinated just to remain in a bunker.

I plan to do unmasked things.

But I kind of developed new habits, and movie theaters no longer interest me.

Posts: 19757 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I plan to do unmasked things.

I'm looking forward to more activities and some socializing, but I'm not planning on doing any indoor unmasked activities. If the vaccine effectiveness is 90-95%, I'll use the mask to try to make up the remaining.

So for example, no indoor restaurant dining or coffee shops any time soon for us.

I keep thinking, we've gotten this far and not got it, I really don't want all of that effort to go to waste by loosening up too soon and then getting covid!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:

Good point. I'm not interested in going to the movies, either, with the caveat that if it's a big Lawrence of Arabia type production where the cinematography on the big screen is a big part of the experience, I may bend. Eventually.

I do miss live music and theater, for sure. For things like that I will wear a mask and go, I think. We have a lot of outdoor opportunities coming up for both, which is also nice.

And I do miss going out for a nice dinner. Over the past year we've been cooking more and have our go-do neighborhood takeouts. But taking the fam out for an event is something I miss. That will take a bit longer, for sure. Starting tomorrow our county and the neighboring ones are moving back to "extreme risk," which means no indoor dining at all.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:

Me too, and I have several boxes of masks to use up so there is that.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Out where I live, you can walk for blocks without meeting another soul, so the mask is usually loose or off.

When I’m walking in Manhattan, I wear it even though I’m thoroughly vaccinated. Because most everyone else is, and so if I wear one it puts others at ease.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13780 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post