well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Bombshell (movie, 2019)

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bombshell (movie, 2019)
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted
This one tells the story of the demise of one Roger Ailes, former Fox News chief, due to sexual harassment charges.

Somewhat like "Apollo 11" (2019), you already know how it ends and you already know all the important bits of the story. But you might decide to watch the movie anyway because you feel certain affinity to the moon landing or, in this case, more likely because you feel certain animosity towards Roger Ailes and the Fox News network he created.

This film does not seem to dramatize too much, so probably closer to reenactment than to drama.

Overall I'd say that as a production, it's competently done, the director and the actors delivered.

I do wonder if Hollywood will get around to make a film like this around Harvey Weinstein's downfall.

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12688 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/1...ll-movie-makeup.html

Fascinating read on what the makeup artists did to give the “Bombshell” actresses the “Fox News” look. Unlike “Planet of the Apes” or “Cats,” the hair and makeup for “Bombshell” are comparatively subtle. Still, they are an integral part of the story. Heck, they tell a crucial part of the story.

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12688 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post