well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Bill Gates

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bill Gates
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
CNN has been having a town hall each week about the virus. Anderson Cooper and Sanjay Gupta are always on and they have other guests like Fauci on to talk about issues and to answer questions.

Bill Gates was on last night. I was blown away by the depth and breadth of his thinking.

It's about a half hour, as I recall. Well worth your time.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/hea...l-part-4-sot-vpx.cnn

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Well, he IS a pretty smart guy, and probably better read (of non-fiction) than 99.99% of the population.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Though he didn't talk about it last night, I understand he's up on why college costs so much.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
He should run for president.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I had that same thought last night. But I wonder if he is more effective in getting big things done where he's at.

But the comparison to the current occupant of 1600 Penn is more than a bit stark, isn't it?

Bazootiehead-in-training