well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    How come we didn't test positive when we got Covid?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How come we didn't test positive when we got Covid?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
Today's NYTimes.

Thought the discussion would be interesting considering how many of us have been confused about how our tests come out (off the cuff, thinking of jodi when her husband was so sick, and her tests kept coming out weird.)

As I recall, it's been important to know yes or no, for reasons of quarantine regs and simple consideration of those we might have infected. (Particularly for jodi as things were back then, I think, when the CDC kept changing the rules, but being SURE while a given rule was in effect.)

Maybe I'm thinking of their saga particularly because it was so very difficult for the two of them to handle (recalling Steve saying, he could never have managed without her - intensive - care.). Also, because he was the first (or one of the first) of our "family" to get it, and the details - so striking - were so well documented).

It sure seems the more we know, the less we're sure of.

How come we didn't test positive when [we were sure] we had Covid?

I added the parenthetical conditional which wasn't stated quite that definitely but which I thought was the main point.

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
The CDC is still flip flopping like a fish out of water. I don't like them.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post